How to prepare for designing the OpenWrt THEME

I search on the openWRT web, and there is few info about how to begin with the theme design?

is there anyone could help?

there are many, many post here regarding luci development...

if you are serious... get the code from various themes ( on router or in buildroot ) and compare / experiment...

to be honest though... it's a pretty exclusive ecosystem and moving target... so be prepared to invest alot of time and energy... for a private project/feature it might be worth while...

yes, I dived into the luci web directory and found some themes which were installed already, and I have the doc about how to comit to luci repository, but still no clue to begin...
the way to compare and experment is my first option to the goal, that's a time consuming machine indeed..so I am posting here if I could get any more details about the theme making.

I do this just for hobby by the way. :smiley:

ok great... then you'll probably need to ask a more specific question/s in order to gain what you need from this thread...

o' ... welcome... :men_wrestling:

( but in general... you'd be able to work out 70%+ of the code 'on-device', you can then switch to a buildroot/git repo format and iron out the package structures )

you are right, let's get our hands dirty first, and then post the specific problem better then asking questions in the large picture..

thank you!

here are some commands that might help you;

############# on device
find /usr/lib/lua/ /www/ | grep index
fgrep -r Blacklist /usr/lib/lua/ /www
### reapply code
rm -rf /tmp/luci*; /etc/init.d/uhttpd restart
### in your browser flush cache and reload
################ in a buildroot
find package/ feeds/ | grep luci
cp -rf feeds/luci/applications/luci-app-commands/ feeds/luci/applications/luci-app-mytest
cd feeds/luci/applications/luci-app-mytest
vi Makefile
./scripts/feeds install -a? -f?( i.e. rescan / load all feeds )
1 Like

well noted and thx a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.