How to move my wireless to another radio without remove it?

Hello y'all!

I follow one tutorial from internet to create guest wireless, but it's created on radio0 (5G) and I want to move it to radio 1 (2.5G)

My question is: is there any way to do it, without remove it and create a new one? asking because I don't want to change any firewall rules etc..

Thanks !

Yes, it is possible.

Use ssh to connect to the device.
Then please run the following commands (copy-paste the whole block) and paste the output here, using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

ubus call system board; \
uci export network; uci export wireless

In the CLI you can edit the config file and change only the device name from radio0 to radio1. LuCI doesn't offer this option, so the way with LuCI would be to delete and manually re-create the AP on the other radio.

The network access and firewall rules are determined by the network that the AP is attached to. So just be sure to choose the same network for the new AP. This is in a pull-down box near the bottom of the wifi setup page after you click Add.

2 Likes

Use a text editor to change that to radio1.

1 Like

Thanks, found it in /etc/config/wireless, change to radio1 and works fine!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.