How to make wan port like lan, to be swich

what should i do in router settings to make wan like five lan like swich port?

i use wr941v5 lede18

System

Hostname

LEDE

Model

TP-Link TL-WR941N/ND v5

Architecture

Atheros AR9341 rev 3

Firmware Version

OpenWrt 18.06.4 r7808-ef686b7292 / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-19.170.32094-4d6d8bc)

Kernel Version

You need to open "Switch" page and remove the line with "Untagged" for "WAN" column. Then set "Untagged" for "WAN" in the line where all other LANs are "Untagged" (usually the first line).

The AR9341 chip has a separate CPU eth port for the WAN. So you have to do this with the software bridge in the kernel. Go to Interfaces edit LAN, physical servings tab, and select both eth0 (the WAN port on the back) and the already selected eth1.1 which is the switch and the 4 LAN ports.

I dont understand how to do these in gui right?

Network at the top, pull down to Interfaces.

Find WAN click the Edit button, click Physical Settings tab, unselect everything (Your setup does not use wan in the OpenWrt router.)

Then do the same thing with LAN but add eth0 (which you removed from WAN) to the list. Eth0 leads to the blue port on the back of the router.

2 Likes

here is what i have only one optio bridge interfaces

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/dumbap

not maching commands

They're not commands to enter at a prompt.

You edit the file /etc/config/network

Not Found

The requested URL /etc/config/network was not found on this server.

i typet these on my ip got 404 page

i really want to teach these :frowning:

Use the GUI System -- Software web page to install the text editor package "nano" on the router. Working internet connection is required.

Then ssh to the router as root.

Execute nano /etc/config/network
Edit the file contents on screen.
Use ctrl-X Y and enter to save and exit nano
Execute /etc/init.d/network restart to apply settings.

no nano for me looks like that

You're not connected to the Internet properly. When running as a LAN device you need to set your gateway and DNS in the LAN network settings. The gateway is the IP of the main router / DSL box. The DNS can also be set to that IP.

It's not a web site either, you edit the file on the router.

If you read up, the issue is that the OP doesn't understand how to edit files on the router.

A configuration that has Internet access can be done with the GUI. Editing files will be much simpler with the nano editor. Though for a very basic change of a few lines, you don't have to learn too much about vi (which is pre-installed in the standard builds) to use it.

Another way to edit files is to SCP the file out of the router, edit it on the PC, then SCP it back.