How to install OpenWRT on the ZyXEL NWA50AX Pro

Hi

I'm looking to (finally) upgrade my home wifi to wifi6 and the ZyXEL NWA50AX Pro (AX3000) seems like a really good deal.

But the wiki page is probably still relatively new and doesn't include any installation instructions yet so does anyone know if OpenWRT can be installed via the web interface or TFTP or if it requires a serial connection?

Thanks in advance!

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=f0445746f6fd96fc7c5394b238153bd2ff22bc5b

EDIT: as noted by @williamthrilliam in Zyxel NWA50AX Pro bricked, these instructions (which was written when bringing support to the device) will in 50% of cases cause the device to brick itself if OpenWrt installs itself in the incorrect slot, which is unknown at time of flashing when following the above instructions, so EXTREME CAUTION is advised and be prepared to unbrick it. See linked thread (Zyxel NWA50AX Pro bricked - #14 by williamthrilliam) how to unbrick the device if this happens.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Someone Has tested the overall performance? I've bought one cheap for fun.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.