How to disable reverse DNS query on Realtime Connections Graph?

Hi:
When I open Realtime Connections page:
http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci/admin/status/realtime/connections/
The UDP connections num increase quickly, the IP address under the graph turn into domains, and the table full with reverse DNS query items, how can I disable reverse DNS query on Realtime Connections Graph?
Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, this seems to be annoying thing. especially if you have some p2p client running.
It seems there is no option to disable it.
It's possible to modify /usr/lib/lua/luci/view/admin_status/connections.htm file to disable this behavior, but that is bad idea, unless you know what you are doing.
Maybe there is some better monitoring packages in luci.

I normally do not use my ISP's DNS servers, but I know that they do not allow reverse DNS.

I switched back to test, and the realtime graph no longer shows domains when I use their servers.

1 Like

There should maybe an option to disable DNS lookup on that connections page. I should probably look into that at some point.

Of course, it helps if you increase dnsmasq cache size. I have increased that to 1000, so after the hosts have been looked up once, the remaining times the answer is found locally.

Hello,

i am new with Open Wrt and LEDE. I need help with Realtime Connections, I need see Source IP and Ports and Destination IP and Ports and not a DNS Resolve. How I disable the resolution of IP lan and wan.Connections Track

I am new to this forum, so hopefully I am posting this in the right place. I see that juliobrito's Connections lists host names. When I look at this realtime graph I get ip addresses. How can I make Connections show host names instead of IP addresses?
Thanks