How do I port forward all devices except for a few?

I am trying to intercept tcp for a tor transproxy. (followed this guide)

I tried the configuration below, but it doesn't seem to work. All devices are being portforwarded

/etc/config/firewall

config redirect 'tcp_int'
        option name 'Intercept-TCP'
        option src 'lan'
        option dest_port '9040'
        option proto 'tcp'
        option extra '--syn -m addrtype ! --dst-type LOCAL,BROADCAST'
        option target 'DNAT'
        list src_mac '!00:00:00:00:00:00'

This only works if I exclude only one mac address.

edit: I am hoping to avoid iptables, but if I have to I'll try to figure it out

Either create a redirect matching all the mac addresses to send to proxy, or you'll have to create a chain where you'll exclude the non matching macs and capture the rest.

2 Likes

by this you mean iptables? Like this but with macs?

I am starting to get confused on how I can do this the more I look into this...
I prefer doing this with mac addresses, but I can't find a way online to make openwrt exclude multiple mac addresses
I don't mind doing this with ip addresses, but with ip tables it seems like you can only target the entire subnet.

I am so confused and I don't know where to start. I have so many tabs open rn

Edit: so, I took a step back and gave this another try, and I got it to work by just reading the link I provided above.

I am just not able to think when I feel overwhelmed and stuff, but I got it working now thankfully. Sorry for not getting it right away and asking for more help when the answer was right in front of my eyes.

(note to clarify: I would had preferred to use mac addresses, but ip addresses are fine)

Using /32 after a IP address will only permit the rule to one IP. I have not tried this.

I meant something like:

iptables -t nat -A prerouting_lan_rule -p tcp --syn -m addrtype ! --dst-type LOCAL,BROADCAST -j test
iptables -t nat -N test
iptables -t nat -A test src_mac 00:11:22... ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A test src_mac 00:AA:BB... ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A test src_mac 00:BB:CC... ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A test -j REDIRECT to port 9040

My syntax is not all correct, you'll need to verify it before deploying it.

Using /32 after a IP address will only permit the rule to one IP. I have not tried this.

it worked for me

I get an error message: Bad argument `src_mac'

I don't know if I need to install an iptables mod or which mod, or if I am supposed to replace src_mac with something else. I also don't know why would putting accept at the end prevent devices from going through the proxy

I mentioned that my syntax is not correct as I wrote from the top of my head, use this one

Because it will exit without redirecting. Only if the mac is not matched it will reach the last rule to redirect.

2 Likes

oh I see

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --syn -m addrtype --dst-type LOCAL,BROADCAST -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -N wdevs
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -m mac --mac-source 2c:f6:e8:f3:b6:ee -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -m mac --mac-source c4:cb:eb:29:32:c6 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -m mac --mac-source e0:a5:d3:d4:37:9b -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -j REDIRECT --to-ports 9040

I made this much progress but it doesn't seem to be working. All my traffic is going through tor now which is good, but the mac addresses are not being excluded. (also, "-a test" is invalid as you probably know, I wish it was valid but oh well). I wanted to try drop or reject just as a test to see if these commands are making an effect at all, but it was not compatible with the -t nat option. I guess I would have to try something different if I wanted to test it (if I need to)

I tried to remove -t nat from the lines that include the mac addresses, it made no effect

I also removed the exclamation point after addrtype, this was not letting me access luci.
I'll look at this again later or when I get a response

Note: These are not my mac addresses

Edit: I changed input to prerouting and it worked! let's go! My first two edits probably need to be deleted though, I don't mind that much if they aren't removed

1. Restore the default firewall tcp_in rule and remove everything else you've done so far.
  2. Create a file named maclist in the /root directory and insert the mac addresses of the devices you want to exclude from the redirection rule (one mac address per line)
11:22:33:44:55:66
AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF
  1. Insert the following into /etc/firewall.user
maclist="/root/maclist"

while IFS= read -r macaddress
do
iptables -t nat -A prerouting_rule -m mac --mac-source "$macaddress" -p tcp --dport 9040 -j ACCEPT
done < "$maclist"
  1. Restart the firewall.
  2. Check if the rules are created running iptables -t nat -nvL prerouting_rule
  3. If the rules are not created after restarting the router:
uci set firewall.@include[0].reload='1'
uci commit firewall

Restore the default firewall tcp_int rule and remove everything else you've done so far.

I am guessing by this you mean to create a tcp_int rule that is just like the tor guide states

What is IFS? I don't understand this line. I am guessing this reads the file line, and.... I forgot the keyword. So basically it runs the same command until there's no more lines in the file

Is there an advantage for using this method instead of the one suggested by Trendy? Which one would you guess takes less power? Power usage is important for me since this is meant for a travel router that will rely on a powerbank.

The script is not working. I am not connected to tor on any of my devices now. All the outputs are below

/root/maclist

2C:F6:E8:F3:B6:EE
C4:CB:EB:29:32:C6
E0:A5:D3:D4:37:9B

/etc/firewall.user

# This file is interpreted as shell script.
# Put your custom iptables rules here, they will
# be executed with each firewall (re-)start.

# Internal uci firewall chains are flushed and recreated on reload, so
# put custom rules into the root chains e.g. INPUT or FORWARD or into the
# special user chains, e.g. input_wan_rule or postrouting_lan_rule.

maclist="/root/maclist"

do
iptables -t nat -A prerouting_rule -m mac --mac-source "$macaddress" -p tcp --dport 9040 -j ACCEPT
done < "$maclist"

iptables -t nat -nvL prerouting_rule

Chain prerouting_rule (1 references)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
    0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            MAC2C:F6:E8:F3:B6:EE tcp dpt:9040
    0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            MACC4:CB:EB:29:32:C6 tcp dpt:9040
    0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            MACE0:A5:D3:D4:37:9Bd tcp dpt:9040

/etc/config/firewall

config redirect 'tcp_int'
        option name 'Intercept-TCP'
        option src 'lan'
        option dest_port '9040'
        option proto 'tcp'
        option extra '--syn -m addrtype ! --dst-type LOCAL,BROADCAST'
        option target 'DNAT'
        option enabled '0'

Exactly.

This is a special shell variable in shell scripting.

The rules look fine. Check if they do the job.

Check if they do the job.

I checked, I went to check.torproject.org on 3 devices and they all say that I am not connected to tor

Probably I misunderstood something. What is the idea? These three device should use or not use tor?

every device should use tor

Three devices should not use tor

2 devices tested should be using tor

1 device tested should not be using tor.

currently all devices are using tor [update]. See reply that was not sent since I lost connection while troubleshooting

I got tor to work by running this again and then restarted tor and the firewall

# Intercept TCP traffic
uci -q delete firewall.tcp_int
uci set firewall.tcp_int="redirect"
uci set firewall.tcp_int.name="Intercept-TCP"
uci set firewall.tcp_int.src="lan"
uci set firewall.tcp_int.dest_port="9040"
uci set firewall.tcp_int.proto="tcp"
uci set firewall.tcp_int.extra="--syn -m addrtype ! --dst-type LOCAL,BROADCAST"
uci set firewall.tcp_int.target="DNAT"

# Disable LAN to WAN forwarding
uci -q delete firewall.@forwarding[0]
uci commit firewall
# Restart services
/etc/init.d/log restart; /etc/init.d/firewall restart; /etc/init.d/tor restart

But now the device that's supposed to not be using tor is using tor. It's an android device. I'll try to figure out why this is happening, but I am 90% pretty sure the mac address is correct

I think you understand what I am trying to do but something must had gone wrong.

This "d" at the end shouldn't be there.
Post again the output of:

iptables -t nat -nvL zone_lan_prerouting; iptables -t nat -nvL prerouting_rule

Chain zone_lan_prerouting (1 references)
    3   298 prerouting_lan_rule  all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            /* !fw3: Custom lan prerouting rule chain */
    0     0 DNAT       tcp  --  *      *      !192.168.11.5         0.0.0.0/0            tcp dpt:53 /* !fw3: Intercept-DNS */ to:192.168.11.5:53
    0     0 DNAT       udp  --  *      *      !192.168.11.5         0.0.0.0/0            udp dpt:53 /* !fw3: Intercept-DNS */ to:192.168.11.5:53
    0     0 REDIRECT   tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x17/0x02 ADDRTYPE match dst-type !LOCAL,BROADCAST /* !fw3: Intercept-TCP */ redir ports 9040
Chain prerouting_rule (1 references)
    0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            MAC2C:F6:E8:F3:B6:EE tcp dpt:9040
    0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            MACC4:CB:EB:29:32:C6 tcp dpt:9040
    0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            MACE0:A5:D3:D4:37:9B tcp dpt:9040

Sorry, I made a mistake. The contents of the /etc/firewall.user must be changed to:

maclist="/root/maclist"

do
iptables -t nat -A prerouting_rule -m mac --mac-source "$macaddress" -j ACCEPT
done < "$maclist"
1 Like

You need to move the new chain creation rule on the top.

iptables -t nat -N wdevs
iptables -t nat -A prerouting_lan_rule -p tcp --syn -m addrtype ! --dst-type LOCAL,BROADCAST -j wdevs
iptables -t nat -A wdevs -m mac --mac-source 2c:f6:e8:f3:b6:ee -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A wdevs -m mac --mac-source c4:cb:eb:29:32:c6 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A wdevs -m mac --mac-source e0:a5:d3:d4:37:9b -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A wdevs -p tcp -j REDIRECT --to-ports 9040
2 Likes