Help with Adblock

I downloaded adblock (luci one also) but it seems to not be working. I went to services enabled it (i set the startup trigger to wan) and also made sure it was enabled on startup. Any advice on what i might be doing wrong or any steps I skipped over will be very helpful.

What does the log say when you restart the service?

Can you explain to me how to view the log or direct me to a website with info, I'm new to OpenWrt.

LuCI > Status > System Log

Had the same problem.

You may need a client to fetch data online:

opkg install libustream-mbedtls

1 Like

For the addblock to work correctly, you need to download and install the following packages:
wget
tcpdump-mini
coreutils-sort

And you also need to configure everything correctly. Here's an example of my configuration:

config adblock 'global'
	option adb_enabled '1'
	option adb_forcedns '0'
	option adb_safesearch '0'
	option adb_mail '0'
	option adb_dns 'dnsmasq'
	option adb_dnsflush '1'
	option adb_fetchutil 'wget'
	option adb_debug '1'
	option adb_dnsfilereset '0'
	option adb_report '0'
	option adb_tmpbase '/tmp'
	list adb_sources '*****'
	list adb_sources '****'
	option adb_backup '0'
	option adb_dnstimeout '60'
	option adb_triggerdelay '120'
	option adb_maxqueue '4'
	option adb_trigger 'wan'

nope, beside the usual openwrt stuff you need 'coreutils-sort', 'ca-bundle' (both are hardcoded package dependencies) and a download-utility with ssl support (uclient-fetch or wget or curl or aria2c). tcpdump is optional, it's only required for reporting.

2 Likes

My openwrt router is now a wireless bridge (relayd) would it still be possible to use adblock?

Wireless Bridge (relayd) - #2 by vgaetera

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.