Help setting up mwan3

It is a kind of half solution, but shold temporarily do it.

I now have a cable from my modem to the wrt3200 router and a cable to a router and then to the wrt3200

The wan port is now in the range of 192.168.0.x
And the wanb (lan1) port has a IP of 192.168.1.x

But at this moment no internet

I would follow the wiki about setting up the mwan3. The lan1 interface does not seem to be valid in your route. What is the output of ip route now?

192.168.1.0/24 is the lan subnet.

1 Like

Strange thing is I connected one cable to the ISP modem/router and the other to another router.

Now I thought to have 2 different ip addresses but instead I get ip addresses of the same subnet and these are coming from the 2nd router

I made a static IP address for the wan on a other op range then wanb.

Only thing now is that wan has no DNS address in the status overview

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. If both of these wans lead to the same modem, it's pointless to use mwan3. mwan3 is for when you have two or more separate connections to the Internet, such as buying two DSL lines, using a separate modem on each.

1 Like

I'm not sure mwan3 is going to work if these WAN interfaces aren't independent of each other. mwan3 is best suited for independent WAN links as mentioned. You can for example have your WAN and then a logical interface such as OpenVPN or Wireguard but the connection for this will still be tied to a single WAN with the same gateway, so it's why independent WAN links are best suited without a single point of failure.

Perhaps PBR rules are better?

I think this is then my problem, indeed the wan port and wanb (lan1) leads to the same ISP modem/router. So as you said this will be pointless is this correct?

1 Like