Help me figure out why I have gaming latency

I really wanna say the issue is most likely coming from ISP but I'm still relentless and trying to figure if it's from your side. I believe you changed your ISP, and it didn't change the damn thing for you. When you play games does it show network statistics? Do you have screenshots of those?

If you have cake installed and configured, I have never seen you show me a network latency graph that demonstrates this level of latency. I can only conclude it's something in the server or the game. There are other ways for latency to appear... I just don't think you have network issues once cake installed.

My guess is if he's playing on his TV then it's gonna be a terrible gaming experience. I tried playing R6S on the LCD TV and the experience was horrible due to huge response time. Maybe try playing on the monitor.

I understand your analysis, however there should be a noticeable improvement with an instance cake and the result of the bufferbloat which is almost perfect, or this is absolutely not the case, moreover this latency does not concern only one and only game otherwise it would be too easy to understand ... it concerns without exception all the server of all games!

Just to be safe hope you're playing FPS games on the monitor and not TV?

1 Like

I have 3 gaming pc monitors, the last one supports 144hz in 4K, and the decrease in results and frequency does not change anything!

Yes only on monitor, and the kill cam on call of duty clearly shows that the opponent is ahead of me!
Logical I have 1 seconde delay

What ping do you get in COD?

Fast server 24 ms, medium server 37 ms, slow server 56 ms

24ms is acceptable. But skilled players with 9-11ms ping can easily outperform a guy with ping more than 40ms

I could never play on a server with 14 ms... yet it exists

I can understand the frustration. I faced the same problem in Rainbow Six Siege after 4 years. Even noobs were started killing me instantly despite my skills. Last effort I called ISP and they just said their infrastructure isn't optimized for the gamers. They just forward the packets and do nothing lol. In the end outta frustration I gave up on this game.

I play COD and the servers are really close. Only 4-5 hops. Gives me 9-11 ms ping (on wi-fi !) my rank is Legendary and I must say it's really easy to win matches when ping is this low with less hops. It's just my take.

1 Like

Yes you are right and I can't see any other reason, my favorite games are not optimized by my 3 ISP's that I tested... and I can't compete with a fiber connection, compet a short trace and a 10 ms ping.

I don't think the issue is related to OpenWrt at all. It's either your ISP or gaming setup.
What are your system specs? If you got NVIDIA driver then show me it's config like this..

On CoD with a LC10 gun, 7 bullets are enough to eliminate ... in my helmet and during my impact by the opponent, I hear and I feel that the bullet number 5,6,7 ... at the time of the first bullets 1,2,3,4 I still do not know that I am shot, so no way to defend myself or hide ...

I gotta sleep soon so I'll give you some tips:
vertical sync: fast
triple buffer: off
threaded optimization: on
low latency mode: ultra
antialiasing mode: Off (just to make sure you get smooth fps)

Then in-game: Enable nvidia-reflex in settings. If it's not available then enable DX11 and you might find that option in game.
I'll get online tomorrow so gn :slight_smile:

I don't have Call of Dutty on my computer, but I can still give you the characteristics of the map ! Give me 30 minutes.

Doesn't have to be COD. I thought you had Rocket League installed? Try that one first

I will be online tomorrow, I notice that the display of FPS displayed on the screen by my graphics card varies between 30 and 160 hz at a crazy speed, no stability.

That's not good. So many players lose games because of unstable FPS. You must need stable high FPS
60 is average. 144Hz is better.