Help Archer C50 v1 Bricked

Awesome!!!
Nice for your reply...
It help to recovery more bricked routers!!!
I save the Heinz´s dumpe here for this work...
Here in Brazil, I recovery many bricked routers and any sugestions, are always welcome!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLgRpnjwutQ

I have the same problem with my TP LINK C50 V1 Router, got the wrong firmware, via Tfpt Recovery, and now it's completely dead, it looks like this link. Please help me, let me know in detail. I have USB to UART TTL. can anyone tell me how to set up RX TX and GND and what's needed. Thank you.

I successfully recovered my bricked Archer C50 using the method described in this thread. Thanks a lot for collecting all the information in one spot. Special thanks to @Heinz and @EFO.

As it is recommended to use mtd3 to mtd6 of the bricked router, but there was no readily available information how to use parts of Heinz's image and mtd3-6 of my own image, I wanted to document how I solved this problem. You'll either need a Linux system to exeucte or use Windows Subsystem for Linux. I used the latter, as I use Windows to program the EEPROM, and it worked like a charm.

Instructions:

• read the EEPROM content and save it to a file called dump.bin (I used a CH341A and a SOIC8 test clip to read/write to the EEPROM)
  • download Heinz's dump (see Help Archer C50 v1 Bricked)
  • use dd to extract the part to keep from Heinz's dump (mtd0-2) using the following command dd if=heinz.bin of=part1.bin bs=1 count=$((0x007C0000)) (rename file Dump Archer C50v1.bin from Heinz's archive to heinz.img)
  • use dd to extract mtd3-6 from your own dump using the following command dd if=dump.bin of=part2.bin bs=1 count=$((0x00800000-0x007C0000)) skip=$((0x007C0000))
  • use cat to concatenate the 2 parts: cat part1.bin part2.bin > write.bin
  • write write.bin to the EEPROM

Afterwards your Archer C50 should be de-bricked and boot up with the regular firmware. You can now follow the instructions listed here to install OpenWRT: LEDE on TP-Link Archer C50, but the install Instructions is in polish (danghuy1994's recipe worked well for me).

Hi, i hope u found a solution for your problem, i have the same, im trying to connect my archer c50 v1 to my raspberry in serial connection, but i dont know what im doing wrong, minicom doesnt show anything.
If anyone could help me...
Sorry for my english, isnt my primary language

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.