Hardware database CSV dump incomplete

Hi,
I downloaded the zipped file of Hardware database CSV dump, and noted that the column "Version" is not included. Is this a bug or is it intentional?
Best,
carliedu

It's supposed to dump all data so that's probably a bug, I'll look into that in a few days

1 Like

Hi Bob,
looking again in the file, I identified a field named "forumsearch" where in some cases the Version is part of it.
This bring me to a question: for what is this field that is not shown on "Full details" view? Can you list the fields in Database, its function and if it is shown on "Full details"?
Every time I'm looking for a new hardware that is selled, I have the same great work to find out what I can buy. Another thing, I would like to register where and when I found an harder and for what price. I'm creating an own Database with this aditional fields, but it has to be related to OpenWRT's TOH. I can make a link available when ready.

Best,
carliedu

Example R7800:

Clicking on "R7800" in the "Forum search" field does - who would have expected this - search the forum for R7800 :slight_smile:
Instead of going to the forum and enter R7800 in the forum search (which seems incredibly complicated for some users), users can simply click and will be taken to the forum search results.

1 Like

Prices change and sellers begin selling or stop selling at any moment, how often you update this information? From what sources?

Because if it's done automatically every few weeks it is ok, if it is done manually by people I think it will become outdated and useless.

1 Like

Today I register it on my iPhone notes every time I see an router, even if I don't buy it. This is only for reference if and where I found an item. Sometimes the router is not supported yet. But if I see it again, it can be supported. It is usefull for me.

If I can help you to campare the fields that are shown on TOH-Full details and the fields that are contained in the CSV file, here is it.
If the field matches, it apears on same line, and if not it apears only on one side.

hm so there is more than just Version missing. I'll have to add all the missing ones.

1 Like

should be fixed now.

2 Likes

Thanks Bob.
I'll be test it thes weekend.
Best regards,
carliedu

Hi Bob,
I just compared the Full Details view with the new CSV file downloaded today and all is right now.
The fields version, unsupported_functions, device_techdata, owrt_forum_topic_url and lede_forum_topic_url, now are included in CSV file.

Thanks,
carliedu

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.