GPIO/DTS on x86

Hi
I have a Packard Bell iMedia S2883 with two GPIO available on the motherboard and the power led is also controllable via GPIO.
How do I define this in x86?
Of course, I can export the GPIO to sysfs. But, how do I get the correct names?
Can I create a DTS file for x86?

gpio-465 (it87_gp31           |sysfs               ) out hi
 gpio-466 (it87_gp32           |sysfs               ) out hi
 gpio-472 (it87_gp40           |sysfs               ) out hi

Reviving this (slightly old) thread, I'm in the same situation: I need to define GPIOs so they will show up in sysfs to be used for LED triggers. As far as I can tell, x86 currently doesn't make use of DTS.

Is there a how-to or precedent for DTS on x86, or is there an alternative way to achieve our goal?

That would be ACPI, but probably not quite what you're looking for. Other than that, I remember this old project (which hopefully provides some pointers):
https://bues.ch/cms/unmaintained/btgpio.html

Thank you for your answer, but I believe you misread my/our question, which is probably my fault for posing it too vaguely.

I have here an x86 box (an I-O Data HDL4-X NAS enclosure that I plan to use with OpenWrt because, honestly, I'm familiar with it). It has two LEDs for each drive, controllable by GPIO. I mapped out the GPIOs for those LEDs already, and I can turn them on and off "manually" after exporting them. But to use them for LED triggers, specifically disk-activity, they will probably need to go into a DTS. Right?

I did understand, but that's the only pointer I have (I know, not very fitting) - and there is no DTS on x86 (might need driver changes to trigger the GPIOs directly).

1 Like

Ugh, that was indeed a pointer. So x86, by its nature, does not have DTS. What would be needed is going down a rabbit hole of writing a specific driver for the specific GPIO chip with this specific LED configuration. Yeah, I think this is not going to happen, my disks will have to do without an activity LED then. :slight_smile:

1 Like