GL-iNet AX1800 new router - OpenWrt support?

does it have ncurses-devel, too ?

1 Like

Please look at GL-iNet AX1800 new router - OpenWrt support? - #73 by solidus1983 for updated script.

2 Likes

That was the trick
apt install libncurses5-dev

Thank you both

1 Like

Its why i script everything, it means if i forget it won't bust my builds. use the script and adjust it as you wish.

1 Like

Wow, thanks, that does a lot more work. Hopefully it completes the build.
Work in progress...

Well i will be making an adjustment myself soon enough after testing as i have just found out with the help on gl-inet why my builds aren't working when adding everything to compile.

So going to wait on this compile to finish i am doing and then making the adjustment and starting from scratch again which will be the 40th time i have done so, i feel sorry for the SSD right now lol.

1 Like

Shall I wait until you pushed your changes to git, then?

Its to do with compiling everything so i have forked GL-Inet's infra-build so i can enable all kmods to be made etc. Its just how they scripted everything themselves is not compatible with how i do things.

However i will make the adjustments and then change my glisetup.sh script and post it on here.

Edit: Done

## Clone Intra ##
git clone https://github.com/solidus1983/gl-infra-builder.git
cd ~/gl-infra-builder
python3 setup.py -c config-wlan-ap.yml
cd ~/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt
./scripts/gen_config.py target_wlan_ap-gl-ax1800 luciall

Replace that section with the above.

1 Like

Ok, thanks, build running. Well, pulling sources right now.

Edit:

1. Lost the default config, is the target a Qualcom 40 or 80?
  2. Profile luciall not found

Correcting
./scripts/gen_config.py target_wlan_ap-gl-ax1800 luciall
to
./scripts/gen_config.py target_wlan_ap-gl-ax1800 luci
seemed to work better

Final edit:
Build completed!!!

Which one do I use (update via LuCi)?

openwrt-ipq807x-glinet_ax1800-initramfs-kernel.bin
openwrt-ipq807x-glinet_ax1800-squashfs-nand-factory.img
openwrt-ipq807x-glinet_ax1800-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar
2 Likes

Power down the router, then press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds whilst powering on the router again.

Head to http://192.168.1.1 then flash the openwrt-ipq807x-glinet_ax1800-squashfs-nand-factory.img

Also luciall is now working i had a few typos in there so i have now corrected them and its now compiling my end too so whist me luck.

1 Like

Please check updated script GL-iNet AX1800 new router - OpenWrt support? - #73 by solidus1983

2 Likes

My previous version is working, albeit missing some key functionality: wireless WPA2 security.
It feels a lot faster than the stock firmware.

I have started a re-build with your new script, now I need to find out what packages to include so wireless security works.

Also is there a way in LuCi to set-up the device as an AP and automatically copy wireless settings from the Master?

Please look at GL-iNet AX1800 new router - OpenWrt support? - #73 by solidus1983 for updated script.

1 Like

Build failed:

make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=drivers/gpu/drm/msm
  arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc -Wp,-MD,drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/.hdmi_hdcp.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /alldata/LargeEPFiles/git/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a7_gcc-5.5.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.5.0/include -I./arch/arm/include -Iarch/arm/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/arm/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/arm/include/uapi -Iarch/arm/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -D__KERNEL__ -mlittle-endian -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -fno-ipa-sra -mabi=aapcs-linux -mno-thumb-interwork -mfpu=vfp -funwind-tables -marm -D__LINUX_ARM_ARCH__=7 -march=armv7-a -msoft-float -Uarm -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -O2 -fno-reorder-blocks -fno-tree-ch -fno-caller-saves --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-var-tracking-assignments -g -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Werror -Iinclude/drm -Idrivers/gpu/drm/msm -Idrivers/gpu/drm/msm/dsi  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(hdmi_hdcp)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(msm)" -c -o drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi_hdcp.o drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi_hdcp.c

drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi_hdcp.c: In function 'hdmi_hdcp_scm_wr':
drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi_hdcp.c:169:27: error: array type has incomplete element type 'struct qcom_scm_hdcp_req'
  struct qcom_scm_hdcp_req scm_buf[QCOM_SCM_HDCP_MAX_REQ_CNT];
                           ^
drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi_hdcp.c:186:10: error: implicit declaration of function 'qcom_scm_hdcp_req' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    ret = qcom_scm_hdcp_req(scm_buf, i, &resp);
          ^
drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi_hdcp.c:169:27: error: unused variable 'scm_buf' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  struct qcom_scm_hdcp_req scm_buf[QCOM_SCM_HDCP_MAX_REQ_CNT];
                           ^

Not sure how to proceed

Mine is still compiling. However do

cd ~/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/
IGNORE_ERRORS=1 make -i -j$(($(nproc)+1)) V=sc ; echo -e '\a'

That should bypass the error and continue the build.

1 Like

Does this ignore a single error or all?

It ignores all errors.

1 Like

Build complete, albeit, with lots of error messages I saw fly past.
Sorry to bother you again, but where is the build log so I can check the list of errors?

You need to run make menuconfig and find the option in there and enable it.

I seem to have bricked my device.
After some long time-out it seems to operate as a switch, but I am not able to get to the management webpage. The only button available (sync) does not seem to reset the device (10s or 60s does not make a difference!)