GL-iNet AX1800 new router - OpenWrt support?

@radiomean Spitz AX sounds nice, however i think it uses MediaTek so might have a better chance of getting OpenWRT firmware quickly. So good luck with that.

As for the AXT1800 being fast that's because of me slimming out what i can whilst retaining a basic router, I am glad your enjoying it.

Flashing via Uboot should erase the NAND thus the setting in feeds should of been on the new directory anyway.

But Alas i am trying to get the fan issue sorted now for the AXT1800 then its just the switches left to go, hopefully after that a more better developer can take over from the work here to make patches to place into master or at least guide me on how to do this.

1 Like

Thank you very much, you have done an excellent job.

1 Like

Hi, I am very impressed with your 'slimming out' what you can - as I said, it is now running very fast!
I don't know about needing a 'better developer' comment - you have done a great job getting this going. Many thanks!

2 Likes

Exactly, SSID + Mac => BSSID. I noticed that samba4-server is either broken or a dummy package and only has 6.7 kb in size rather than 236 kb. Now USB works on flint I put it to the test.
File list is also shortert than on my NBG6617:

opkg files samba4-server
Package samba4-server (4.18.0-1) is installed on root and has the following files:
/etc/init.d/samba4
/etc/samba/smb.conf.template
/etc/config/samba4
/lib/upgrade/keep.d/samba4-server
opkg files samba4-server
Package samba4-server (4.14.12-3) is installed on root and has the following files:
/etc/init.d/samba4
/usr/sbin/nmbd
/usr/bin/testparm
/etc/samba/smb.conf.template
/etc/config/samba4
/lib/upgrade/keep.d/samba4-server
/usr/sbin/smbd
/usr/bin/nmblookup
/usr/bin/smbpasswd
/usr/bin/pdbedit

Thanks for reporting that will have a look at it when i have time to do so trying to solve a patch for hopeful working PWM.

1 Like

If anyone is using my ipq60xx_solidus1983 branch its currently being redone. I managed to kill it, currently only the ipq60xx_devel branch is now working as i have had to destroy the entire repo and rebuild it. Sorry.

1 Like

i tried configure samba4 without success too, but using ksmbd it kinda work (on windows can be accessed but not on appleOS)

You have done a great work so far.

Do you think it would be possible to set manually the fan speed?

I recall there was a post about it and overriding manually the fan speed, but I cannot find this post anymore.

Right i am going to be rebasing the entire repo of mine.
Shouldn't take too long should be done by end of weekend.

1 Like

For those interested in controlling a fan in a basic way using a bash script, follow these steps:

1. Create the file /etc/fan_control.sh and add the following contents:
#!/bin/bash

c_FAN=461                        # gpio pin the fan is connected to
c_MIN_TEMPERATURE=49            # temperature in degrees c when fan should turn on
c_TEMPERATURE_OFFSET=2          # temperarute offset in degrees c when fan should turn off

temperature_offset=$(( $c_MIN_TEMPERATURE - $c_TEMPERATURE_OFFSET ))
fan_state=0

echo "$c_FAN" > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo "out" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$c_FAN/direction

while [ 1 ]; do
        cpu_temperature=$(cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp)
        cpu_temperature=$(( $cpu_temperature / 1000 ))
        if [ !fan_state ] && ([ $cpu_temperature -gt $c_MIN_TEMPERATURE ])
        then
                fan_state=1
                echo "1" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$c_FAN/value
        elif [ fan_state ] && [ $cpu_temperature -lt $temperature_offset ]
        then
                fan_state=0
                echo "0" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$c_FAN/value
        fi
        /bin/sleep 5
done
  1. Create the file /etc/init.d/fan with the following contents:
!/bin/sh /etc/rc.common
# Example script
# Copyright (C) 2007 OpenWrt.org

START=10
STOP=15

start() {
        echo start
        # commands to launch application
        /etc/fan_control.sh &
}

stop() {
        echo stop
        # commands to kill application
        # /etc/fan_control.sh
}
  1. Run the following commands to enable the fan control based on CPU temperature:
chmod +x /etc/fan_control.sh
chmod +x /etc/init.d/fan
/etc/init.d/fan enable
/etc/init.d/fan start
reboot
1 Like

Has the refactoring been completed, can I use your source code to compile, thank you.

Refactoring has been done, however still testing to ensure it fully works.

There is two branches that look similar the one I made is ipq60xx_devel.

The AXT fan no longer spins at so heads up and the WDS button doesn't work.

Last test I did the Wireless driver wasn't compiling either which I will work on when I have time this weekend.

You legend will test this out ASAP.

1 Like

Thank you for your hard work!
At present, there seems to be a problem with GCC12 compilation. I switched to GCC11 compilation, which has not been completed yet.

1 Like

When you say a problem with GCC 12 what's the error?

Also sorry for removing your question on GitHub. Simply post here or DM me.

Sorry, I didn't record the error log and deleted it.
Can you compile this source code successfully?
May I ask how to package the firmware in nand-factory.bin or nand-factory.img format. Thanks!

Currently it would seem I have broken my repo again. So will try and fix it over the weekend if I can. But before I broke it I was compiling ok on both GCC11 and GCC12.

As for the factory and sysupgrade it makes then in the bin folder after you have done the compile.

bin generates only nand-factory.ubi but not nand-factory.bin.
Recompiled again, and the GCC12 error log is as follows:

aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/gcc-12.2.0/gcc/../libcody -I/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/staging_dir/host/include -I/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/staging_dir/host/include -I/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/staging_dir/host/include  -I/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/gcc-12.2.0/gcc/../libdecnumber -I/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/gcc-12.2.0/gcc/../libdecnumber/dpd -I../libdecnumber -I/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/gcc-12.2.0/gcc/../libbacktrace   -o gimple-match.o -MT gimple-match.o -MMD -MP -MF ./.deps/gimple-match.TPo gimple-match.cc
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:18784: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
{standard input}:19134: Error: bad register name `%'
{standard input}: Error: open CFI at the end of file; missing .cfi_endproc directive
g++: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
compilation terminated.
Makefile:1143: recipe for target 'gimple-match.o' failed
make[5]: *** [gimple-match.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/gcc-12.2.0-initial/gcc'
Makefile:4597: recipe for target 'all-gcc' failed
make[4]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/gcc-12.2.0-initial'
Makefile:28: recipe for target '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/gcc-12.2.0-initial/.built' failed
make[3]: *** [/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/gcc-12.2.0-initial/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/toolchain/gcc/initial'
time: toolchain/gcc/initial/compile#445.26#93.19#544.74
    ERROR: toolchain/gcc/initial failed to build.
toolchain/Makefile:91: recipe for target 'toolchain/gcc/initial/compile' failed
make[2]: *** [toolchain/gcc/initial/compile] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel'
toolchain/Makefile:89: recipe for target '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/staging_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/stamp/.toolchain_compile' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/staging_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/stamp/.toolchain_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel'
/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/include/toplevel.mk:229: recipe for target 'world' failed
make: *** [world] Error 2

Yeah for now try GCC 11 that seems more stable right now.

Use your source code and compile it with GCC11, but fullconenat cannot compile it. I see that you are rebuilding again. I will try to compile again when your build is stable. Thank you for your hard work!

/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/staging_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-11.3.0_musl/lib/gcc/aarch64-openwrt-linux-musl/11.3.0/../../../../aarch64-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: libipt_FULLCONENAT.o: in function `_init':
libipt_FULLCONENAT.c:(.text+0x558): multiple definition of `_init'; /home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/staging_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-11.3.0_musl/lib/gcc/aarch64-openwrt-linux-musl/11.3.0/../../../../aarch64-openwrt-linux-musl/lib/crti.o:/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-11.3.0_musl/musl-1.2.3/crt/aarch64/crti.s:5: first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:2: recipe for target 'libipt_FULLCONENAT.so' failed
make[4]: *** [libipt_FULLCONENAT.so] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-ipq60xx_generic/fullconenat-2019-10-21-0cf3b48f'
Makefile:68: recipe for target '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-ipq60xx_generic/fullconenat-2019-10-21-0cf3b48f/.built' failed
make[3]: *** [/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-ipq60xx_generic/fullconenat-2019-10-21-0cf3b48f/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/package/lean/fullconenat'
time: package/lean/fullconenat/compile#688.17#85.97#792.64
    ERROR: package/lean/fullconenat failed to build.
package/Makefile:114: recipe for target 'package/lean/fullconenat/compile' failed
make[2]: *** [package/lean/fullconenat/compile] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel'
package/Makefile:110: recipe for target '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/staging_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/stamp/.package_compile' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/staging_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel'
/home/etek/openwrt-ipq60xx_devel/include/toplevel.mk:229: recipe for target 'world' failed
make: *** [world] Error 2