Gargoyle 1.10.0 is live

More details here

I'm a relatively new user and I would like to know (in simple terms if possible) what "porting Gargoyle to the latest version of LEDE" means and how LEDE users are going to benefit from this.

1 Like

it's great

Gargoyle is a derivative / enhancement of OpenWrt, and it looks like they are moving to become a derivative / enhancement of LEDE; that makes perfect sense, as LEDE is an updated version of OpenWrt. So, Gargoyle users will benefit from an updated base, and LEDE users will probably not benefit at all.

2 Likes

LEDE users don't really benefit, it's Gargoyle users that benefit.

1 Like

TBH I was hoping to give Active Congestion Control a try. My router is not supported by Gargoyle.
I wish LEDE could implement this feature.

I wouldn´t say that! The Gargoyle Project offers an easy way to enable Beginners to Setup their Router regarding their Needs (for example: creating a (working!) wireless Bridge, Setup | Block Wireless for Children / Guests, etc.)

It´s easy to switch between Gargoyle, OpenWRT and LEDE by a simple Sysupgrade (without keeping the settings!)

In my opinion it´s just a GUI like LUCI with some usefull helpers :wink:

@Sgt_Greco

Active Congestion Control | I was asking my self many times how to modify QoS Settings OTF (because Speed varies).

An QoS enhancement idea from @oviano can be found in the Gargoyle Forum

The script should work with light modifications on any LEDE supported Router with QoS Package installed / enabled

1 Like