Fstab not mounting

Hello all,
I've installed all the necessary packages for fstab including USB2, Block-Mount and ntfs-3g.

I've set up fstab to automatically mount my usb drive but it doesn't seem to recognise that the device is connected

However, this is false as I can mount the drive manually with no problems using mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/share

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

I'm having the same issue, though, I'm using a vfat filesystem. I've already installed all the kernel modules necessary but it's not working.

Here's an error I kept getting "fat: Unknown symbol __blockdev_direct_IO (err 0)"

You guys probably need to ajust your root delay. I dont think LuCi allows this option to be modified. Use SSH and edit /etc/config/fstab set delay_root to 15. It shoudl look somthing like this when done.

config 'global'
    	option anon_swap '0'
    	option anon_mount '0'
    	option auto_swap '1'
    	option auto_mount '1'
    	option delay_root '15'
    	option check_fs '0'

have you read https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/fstab_configuration ?

Did you try a different file system? I have two drives with ext2 and ext4 and having no issues neither I had configure any delays. Do you really need the attached drives to be used in windows?
You are using Linux, so do it the Linux way.

I'm also having no issues with Ext4 and F2FS. I do however require a root delay of 5 when using Extroot.

Hi all
@Mrengles Thanks. I think that's fixed it. The interface still shows (not present) but I think it's actually mounting the share. I've rebooted since and the drive seems to have been correctly mounted but I'm going to wait for the latest snapshot to test this again.

I'd like to give an update as well. I've updated to the latest version as well as went for a factory reset and vfat file system is now working!

I'm having the same problem on a wrt3200acm of not automounting after a reboot. I've fresh upgraded to OpenWrt 19.07.1, formatted my USB HDD for ext4 and set my delay to 30. Reboot and the LEDs don't light up recognizing the USB drive until I unplug and replug in the drive. I not trying to hijack anyone's post, if I need to make a new post, I will.

1 Like

Did you find any resolution with this? I'm trying to auto-mount an SSD but after reboot nothing appears until I unplug it then plug back in. On the latest Davidc502 build.

This happens frequently on the USB3 port of your router, with some USB devices. Try with another USB device, or put the SSD disk on the USB2 port.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.