FritzBox 7360SL Installation of OpenWrt

Hi there,
I'm new to OpenWrt and I'm confused with the information I've already read about how to install the OpenWrt firmware.
At the overview page for FB7360SL there is a description with ftp and adam, which I know from freetz I've deal with 12 years ago.
But there is a file referenced, which I don't find to download: bin/lantiq/openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-FRITZ7360SL-squashfs.image.eva
Is there a more detailed description, how to proceed and where I can find the file? On the overview page the row for " Firmware OpenWrt Install" is empty. So do I have to assume, I have to compile the OpenWrt firmware by myself, because the file don't exist ?

Thanks for comments.

Best regards
Freetzi

Download from here:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.1/targets/lantiq/xrx200/

I've found the files already you mentioned... but the filename ist completely different: avm_fritz7360sl-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

And sysupgrade.bin sounds like an upgrade firmware file for a system where OpenWrt is already installed. And not a complete image file, where I would expect for an upgrade from FritzOS to OpenWrt.

And the filesize looks really small with just 5MB.
Should I just use the squashfs-sysupgrade.bin file instead of squashfs.image.eva ?
Is the filename monitored by the adam avm system and therefore I should rename the file to .image.eva?

Just use the sysupgrade.bin via ftp. If anything goes wrong use the recover.exe from avm :slight_smile:

Sounds easy! Thank you for your fast reply. Now I do have a evening program :wink:

Np :wink:

You will love this cpe with openwrt! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the flash procedure fails....
I can't set the passive mode according the instruction. If I'm trying "quota PASV" I'm getting the feedback "Entering Passive Mode.....). But with or without passive mode, the transfer of the flash file fails with the result "STOR mtd1" and then after a few seconds "425 can't open data connection" and with further trials "120 Service not ready, please wait".

I've tried this several times... But always the same. I can use the recovery rom from AVM to restore FritzOS, but I can't get OpenWrt installed :frowning:

Maybe somebody have a great idea, what's going wrong with my baby.

Here is the full ftp command window:

Verbindung mit 192.168.178.1 wurde hergestellt.
220 ADAM2 FTP Server ready
530 not logged in
Benutzer (192.168.178.1:(none)): adam2
331 Password required for adam2
Kennwort:
230 User adam2 successfully logged in
ftp> quote PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,178,1,12,5)
ftp> binary
200 Type set to BINARY
ftp> debug 1
Debugging EIN .
ftp> quote MEIDA FLSH
---> MEIDA FLSH
502 Command not implemented
ftp> quote MEDIA FLSH
---> MEDIA FLSH
200 Media set to MEDIA_FLASH
ftp> put fw.image.eva mtd1
---> PORT 192,168,178,20,243,164
502 Command not implemented
---> STOR mtd1
425 can't open data connection
ftp> put fw.image.eva mtd1
---> STOR mtd1
120 Service not ready, please wait

There must be an other ftp client for Windows which supports passive mode but I can’t remember the name.
You could use Linux ftp for passive mode. Just run ubuntu or centos in a vm

OK. With ubuntu I could easily transfer the file. But for a while I can't reach the box with my browser... The reason was simple. The default IP address for the router with OpenWrt is different :wink:
After adding an additional static IP address 192.168.1.10 I could easily access the router interface with 192.168.1.1.

Thanks for you great support!