FreeRadius3-utils Missing "radtest"

Setting up FreeRadius3 and while going through some basic testing I noticed that radtest was missing from /usr/bin.

Checking the package contents via opkg files freeradius3-utils yields the following:

Package freeradius3-utils (release_3_0_11-1) is installed on root and has the following files:
/usr/bin/radclient
/usr/bin/radwho
/usr/bin/radeapclient
root@26DECLD:/usr/bin#

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I've checked the repository and I have every freeradius3 package available - all 29 of them.

Any help welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

/usr/local/bin ?

JWoods:

The directory /usr/local/ doesn't exist in my router.

Running LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.336.23170-d2dc32a) / LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d on a LinkSys EA8500...

When you run "opkg files freeradius3-utils" you get:

/usr/bin/radclient
/usr/bin/radwho
/usr/bin/radeapclient

So that's what the package contained and installed.

Did a little reading and found out that radtest is a radclient front-end. So I'll figure out what commands to run using radclient.

Looks like the freeradius3 packages contain just the bare essentials...

Update - SEGMENTATION FAULT

When running radiusd -Xxx, everything is seems fine:

Wed Dec 27 12:34:47 2017 : Info: Ready to process requests

However, when I run # echo "User-Name=testing,User-Password=password " | radclient -x 127.0.0.1 auth testing123

I get a

Segmentation fault

This stinks...

radclient requires the freeradius3 shared libraries, which are not in the default location. Oy need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/freeradius3

I don't know why this was done. Anybody any guess? Having to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for command-line tools is probe to give questions. This way lies madless.

Any idea why the SegFault? I'd like to get on with setting up my router. It's a shame all this is going on. Would appreciate some help!

• RJ

Hello how are you