FOR SALE (U.S.): Sophos XG 85w Rev 3

I have a surplus Sophos XG 85w Rev 3 unit for sale (posting only one image to minimize pollution of the forum; additional images available upon request via private message):

The specs are as follows:

• OpenWrt 22.03.3 (x64, BIOS, SquashFS, root partition resized to the max)
  • Additional packages installed: Wi-Fi support not present at first boot (hostapd, ath10k-firmware-qca988x, kmod-ath10k), luci-theme-openwrt-2020 (sorry, can't help myself, just love the look of it — reminds me of this forum), luci-app-attendedsysupgrade, and system utilities that were needed to resize the root partition (lsblk, fdisk, etc.)
  • Manufacture date: November 2018
  • Support status with stock firmware: reached end of life in August 2022
  • Processor: Intel Atom E3930
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • Storage: 8 GB eMMC module
  • Wired NIC (Gigabit): four-port Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411
  • Wireless NIC: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9880 (as already mentioned above, requires the ath10k driver and friends)
  • Management interfaces: RJ-45 console port, micro-USB console port, and two USB ports (note: no VGA or HDMI, so you will need a console cable if you ever have to go into the BIOS)
  • Power supply unit with threaded coupling (aka screwlock) included
  • The unit is passively cooled (fanless) and therefore silent
  • The unit is significantly more compact than the typical commercial-grade four-port desktop x64 device (footprint about 7.5" by 5")

Default OpenWrt port assignments happened to coincide with external markings (the port marked WAN, or, internally, eth1, was WAN from the first boot, the remaining three, eth0, eth2, and eth3, are per tradition bridged into the single LAN).

Wireless networking has been configured and tested.

Price: $85, including shipping by USPS Priority Mail (with tracking). The price is firm, no haggling please. If you think the price is too high, you are entitled to your opinion, and I have no desire to dissuade you. :smile:

If interested, please send me a private message.

I thought I'd bump this thread in case someone's interested.

I upgraded OpenWrt to 22.03.4 today using Attended Sysupgrade, so all packages mentioned above are still in place. Partition layout, however, reverted to the "factory" configuration, but if necessary, the root partition can be resized again.

Another bump, in case there's new interest... :smile:

Upgraded OpenWrt to 22.03.5 today using Attended Sysupgrade.