Flash OpenWrt firmware failed, internet blinking, but no WIFI

I'm trying to flash OpenWRT firmware (https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/linksys_wrt3200acm) 18.06.4 to Linksys WRT 3200 ACM router. After flashing, the internet LED keeps fast blinking, but WIFI LED never light up.

SSH into the router and able to reboot to stock firmware, which works.
Also if I flash the oem factory firmware, it works.
My internet provider is RCN.

Anyone has run into similar problems?

Thanks!
William

Wireless is disabled on a fresh flash or configuration reset. It needs to be enabled either through the command line or LuCI (if installed) over a wired connection from a LAN port.

4 Likes

Wifi is also greatly improved in snapshots (both master branch and 19.X) compared to 18.06.4.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Jeff. Yes, that solved the problem. Should have read the document more carefully. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion. Will give the snapshot version a try.

Note that master snapshots do not contain LuCI, so you need to install it from SSH console.

opkg update
opkg install luci (or luci-ssl)

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. Yes, I installed snapshot which works great! It even fixed one of the other problems that the stable version somehow didn't give me the full speed. I have 300Mbps download, but with stable version, I only can go ~20Mbps download.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.