Flash Archer D9 (possible?)

Hello here,

I have an "old" TP-Link Archer D9 that I want to flash with OpenWrt. The device is currently running the last firmware version released: Archer_D9_v1_150826
I followed successfully the guide publish on [here] (https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer-d9) and I'm able to "flash" any image skipping RSA, MD5 signature. Problem comes after image is "flash". I wrote flash both times in quotes because I think NOTHING is happening on the background. If I don't apply the patch I directly get an error refusing to even load my image. After applying the patch I can load it and the normal progress bar appears. It makes me wait saying that is rebooting but once all the process finishes nothing happens (apart from httpd server dying). I reboot the machine through telnet, power, reset to factory... nothing, it always come back with the tp-link firmware.
I know that maybe the device is not fully supported (in terms of modem capabilities) but it's not what I'm after. I just want the routing/wifi capabilities and I think that's possible. Unfortunately I'm unable to flash anything into the device.

Any help or guide will be much appreciated. If I end up bricking my device it's "fine" if this doesn't work I'll end up buying a new one anyway, so nothing to lose really :wink:

Thanks!

excellent!... what offsets/pid did you have?

It's uncertain currently whether the offsets to patch are the same across devices, however listed here is the patch and code from one device

I end up exactly with the same result. Did you manage to find what to do next ?

No, I didn't. I gave away my router. Sorry

I'm stuck too.

I've managed to downgrade to v150826 on my hardware V1 and unlock the WebUI firmware upgrade check.

I must say that the binary file I've compiled it on a Ubuntu 14.05 docker container, since 12.05 repos don't seem to work anymore.
I don't think this has any effect, since the WebUI allows me to upload the firmware and its shows the rebooting message, but I could be missing something.

It never boots into anything, it also just stops de WebUI. When I reboot I'm back to the beginning.

I've also tried the TFTP method, described in the Archer C9 guide, with no success.

I've tried all three of these images (though I believe the generic is the right one.)

I've also tried the C9 image and the same happens.

The ToH guide is last modified by @tmomas. I guess if there is a guide it means somebody managed to do it. Could you please point if I'm doing something wrong, is the Ubuntu version the problem, how did it went for you?

Much thanks in advanced!