Firewall settings with several routers

Hi
I am planning to add a second ISP. Today i am using a 4g connection with a 4g router outside connected to a gargoyle router inside for bandwidth control.

Now as i am planning second isp i have installed openwrt on a second router and configured with 2 wan ports (multiwan failover) and 2 separate LAN. I still want to use the gargoyle on LAN1.

My question is, how should this setup be configured with ip`s, gateways and firewalls.
I do need to be able to reach the isp routers from LAN 1 network with port 80 and 22.

I have not connected the router with multiwan yet. The LAN address on 4G is 192.168.30.1, and the LAN ip on second isp is 192.168.1.1

What should the IP addresses on LAN 1 and 2 on the multiwan router be, and how to open ports from LAN1 to WAN back to the ISP routers? I realy not need any firewall on the multiwan box, its just there for multiwan purpose.

The keyword to search for information would be mwan3.

1 Like

Hey
Yes i do have mwan3 installed on multiwan router.
I just want to know how settings should be, so i from LAN1 can access settings on both providers modems. I have not tried to connect the openwrt with mwan3 between the modems and network yet. I thougt i might get some answers from experts before i mess up firewall settings when i possible cant get access to webif +ssh without routing any ports?

There is no special setting in firewall. However adding the second interface is described in the wiki.
As long as there is a correct route towards the subnet of the modem from one wan interface, there is nothing else needed.

1 Like

Yes, i tested now, and everythig works as intended.
I installed a usb storage, for saving nlbwmon, do anyone know if there somehow is possible to run one nlbwmon for each wan connection? i would like to know what bandwidth i use from each isp.

It would be better to open a new topic for that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.