Find why wifi crashing frequently?

Hi there, I don't know where to turn for help. Manufacturer tech support is not able to help me, that's why I'm trying my luck here.

I have a wonderful Almond + router (from Securifi) and I am very satisfied with it EXCEPT that the WiFi has been crashing frequently for some time. I noticed this because my Google Nest hub which is in the living room displays a network error at this time and about 30 seconds later the wifi comes back functional. The problem is for the 2.4 and 5 GHz band. I attempted a factory reset of the router without success.

I looked in the log files and for me it is incomprehensible!

After a look in the router log I have see some message about wifi service restarted and DNS rebind attack. I don't know if these 2 message are linked.

My router is:

Router Model Almond +
Firmware Version AP2-R093-L009-W016-ZW016-ZB005
Kernel Version 2.6.36
Local Time Mon Sep 14 18:46:45 2020

When I connect by ssh it say: OpenWrt (kamikaze)

Thank a lot for your help!

The vendor having used a proprietary SDK loosely based on an older OpenWrt version isn't uncommon, but they are usually (always) very different from a real OpenWrt of that vintage (different kernel version, proprietary drivers, different settings backend store, different webinterface). The device in question isn't supported by OpenWrt, nor is the SOC (no basic mainline support either) it is based on, with little to no chance for this to change in the future.

If you're experiencing problems with that device, please contact the vendor's support channels, we can't help you (and the most important bits and pieces in regards to its wireless support (kernel && wireless drivers) have no relation to OpenWrt at all; the no longer supported (vanilla) kamikaze release shipped with kernel 3.18 - you'd have to go back a decade, to 10.03.x, in order to find an OpenWrt release with a v2.6 kernel (2.6.32)).

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.