long time ago i installed OpenWrt 18.06.2 r7676-cddd7b4c77 on my WNDR3700.
Now i need to RMA my current router and was looking forward to put it back to work.
I'm quite sure i either have v1 or v2 but i'm struggling to find out properly.
The only hint i have is here
NETGEAR WNDR3700 and WNDR37AV Version Notes Links v1 Atheros ar71xx platform. Also sold as WNDR37AV-100PES, WNDR3700-100PES v2 Atheros ar71xx platform. Box side panel lists WNDR3700v2, also sold as WNDRMAC-100PES, WNDR3700-100PRS v3 ...
where flash shall be 8 MiB or 16 MiB
From OpenWrt i see the following
so definitely v1 or v2 from the chip.
From the kernel log i also see
[ 3.048980] m25p80 spi0.0: found mx25l6405d, expected m25p80
[ 3.055089] m25p80 spi0.0: mx25l6405d (8192 Kbytes)
so it seems it is a V1? But why the current openwrt is expecting something else?
Here the full log
@tmomas I'm tagging you since u appeared as the writer of that wikipage
Is there a sticker at the bottom of it, what does it say ?
the sticker on the router is only saying WNDR3700, there is a serial as well but on netgear site it didn't work. Unfortunately i have yet to find its box
On the netgear forum i've found a comment
Look at the product label. Plain "WNDR3700" with no "vX" suffix is "v1".
also from the log i see
1. [ 3.065935] Creating 4 MTD partitions on "spi0.0":
2. [ 3.070734] 0x000000000000-0x000000050000 : "u-boot"
3. [ 3.077313] 0x000000050000-0x000000070000 : "u-boot-env"
4. [ 3.084374] 0x000000070000-0x0000007f0000 : "firmware"
5. [ 3.096506] 2 netgear-fw partitions found on MTD device firmware
6. [ 3.102560] 0x000000070000-0x0000001c4440 : "kernel"
7. [ 3.108856] 0x0000001c4440-0x0000007f0000 : "rootfs"
8. [ 3.115201] mtd: device 4 (rootfs) set to be root filesystem
9. [ 3.120943] 1 squashfs-split partitions found on MTD device rootfs
10. [ 3.127118] 0x000000410000-0x0000007f0000 : "rootfs_data"
11. [ 3.134310] 0x0000007f0000-0x000000800000 : "art"
0x000000800000 --> this one is roughly 8MiB
I'm the last editor, but not writer of this page.
I went with the v1 firmware and now its up and running.
so if anyone will be in a similar condition i guess v1 is the right choice