I am using a TP-Link CPE-210 V1 to connect to a public wifi on the street. Then I use the same CPE-210 to create another wifi so that my devices connect to it inside my house.
The problem is that when I connect to the CPE-210 with an ethernet cable I get decent speeds but when using the wifi for my devices it is sooo much slower, even at 1m from the CPE-210.
Please any ideas of what should I check? I can add any information / configuration that can help.
Result from speedtest.net:
- Using computer connected with an ethernet cable to CPE-210: 3.3Mbps Download / 4.3Mbps Upload
- Using computer connected with wifi to CPE-210: 0.8Mbps Download / 2.6Mbps Upload
- Using computer wifi card from same position as CPE-210: 4Mbps Download / 4 Mbps Upload
These are the transmission rates of the different links:
- Public Wifi - CPE-210: 11Mbits RX Rate / 11Mbits TX Rate
- CPE-210 Wifi - Computer: 11Mbits RX Rate / 54Mbits TX Rate
- Public Wifi directly to Computer: 11Mbits TX Rate
The speed tests indicate the problem is in the CPE-210 Wifi but it has the best transmission rates...
CPE-210 is using the latest available openwrt/lede firmware (17.01.4).