Short question for those who don't want to read all my blah:
is there an AP that can do more than 650Mbps with a client having a AC 2x2 card under OpenWRT?
Now my blah :
I'm trying to find a fast AP to replace a new TP-Archer C80 (3x3 on the 2 bands - 600+1300 - fast but not OpenWRT compatible) that I want to send back to the seller while I can.
With this one I can do a real 650~700Mbps with my laptop (AX200 2x2 Wifi card) but I don't like its UI at all and found some bugs / drawbacks which will probably never be fixed by TP-Link (the max wired speed is also 700 Mbps limited for example).
I cannot achieve this speed with any other AP / router that I have (or had for a few days) at home (Archer C7 v2, Fritz!box4040, Cudy WR1300, some Linksys and a few more) the best I can get is ~ 500Mbps with the smallest ... a GL.Inet MT1300 which is dedicated to be the spare of my X86_64 router (and my travel router the rest of the time), I have almost the same perf with the MT7621 Cudy WR1300 running FreeWRT (~ 500Mbps).
Oh yes, I also get a HUAWEI AX3 router for 20eur during amazon days ... this thing is a joke.
Wifi speed is incredible (full wifi Gb speed with my laptop, full wired Gb speed, and it does not block tagged vlans) but the software is ... no world for that, sorry
Will keep it because of its price and because it will perhaps be usefull ... one day.
but I don't want to have this thing on my network for a long time with the stock firmware.
I'm able to find many "compatible routers" on the toh, but I can't find any real life experience for many of them (real throughput).
So if someone knows one candidate:
- price < 100$/€ (60 or less should be perfect) new or used, I don't care
- just want it to be an AP/switch, as routing/SQM/nat/Adguard ... are done on my main OpenWRT router
- real Wifi speed >= 650Mbps (read => I want to transfert files from my laptop to my nas at 80MBps minimum)
- AC of course, no pb if it is AX if working in AC mode until better driver support
- 802.11r working on it
And, if possible:
- ideally 5 Gb NIC (wan + 4 ports switch)
- vlan working (sorry @slh , but I really don't like IPQ4x SOCs but I dont know if IPQ8x have the same vlan behaviour, and with the Fritz 4040 I only have ~400Mbps under OWRT and a verrrrrrrry long boot time)
- not a monster with 6/8/10/12 antennas ! (at least the C80 is relatively discreet)
Thanks for all your replies