Extremely slow download speed

Extremely slow download speed
Hello,
I've only been using this great firmware for a while.
I don't know why, but on my DIR-842 C3 router the download speed is extremely but really extremely slow 2.8Mb / s. (tested at night with very low ISP network utilization, with one device connected in the home network)
The speed of the ISP is about 18Mb / s. When I test in front of the router I reach similar values (approx. 17Mb / s).
This was not happening 2 days ago and the router was working well. I know something similar has happened to me in the past and I solved it by restoring the device to factory settings.
Every time I do this, the whole OpenWrt system is deleted and I have to install it with Luci completely from again. In addition, restarting to the basic settings will probably only help for a short time.

Router settings are very basic. If you want to know the details of the settings, write what and where to find out.

Please advise me what's going on.

1 Like

It's really interesting, the evening when no one was connected the speed was very bad. I measured it again this morning and the speed is normal.
So now I don't know if the error was in the router or at the ISP.

@Vejv-cz, welcome to the community!

If you didn't change the router's settings overnight, I'd suspect the ISP.

I did not change any settings overnight. I guess it really will be an ISP. Thank you for answer.

1 Like