Extremely poor wifi performance(WRT1900acs)

Firmware version: Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r5201-8b9cdebc9c / LuCI Master (git-17.301.46085-f907696)

Kernel version: 4.9.58

Channel and transmit power is set to auto. 5ghz band is disabled. 2.4 ghz band is the only one running. Wifi range seems to be working properly but the speed is horrendous. I get a steady 400 mbps down over LAN and barely get 5 Mbps down over wifi when standing 5 feet away from the router. I do have sqm qos set up but I doubt that could be causing the problem...Any advice on what could be the problem? Any wifi drivers that should be updated? Any help would greatly be appreciated!

I would recommend taking channel selection off auto, and select either channel 1, 6, or 11.

If you are using 802.11n, WMM should be enabled, otherwise, you will be limited to 802.11g speeds.

1 Like

I'll give that a try and see if it helps, cheers

It worked, I scanned the nearby wifi stations since I have 6 neighbors around my complex. Router channel was always set to 11 even though I chose auto. 11 - 6 were the ones mainly congested so channel 3 worked our perfectly for me. I'm getting roughly 25 mbps down now and am happy with it. Thanks for the advice, I don't know why I didn't think of this.