Ethernet LAN ports not working on router after upgrade to OpenWrt 18.06.1

I upgraded my TP-Link Archer C7 v2 from LEDE 17.xx to OpenWrt 18.06.1. I couldn't get the old config to work so I had to redo it once upgraded. I don't have much of a config--mostly wireless security settings--but I noticed the Ethernet LAN ports are not working, i.e., devices plugged into them do not get served an address. By default, the ports are set up as part of a VLAN on Switch0 and they're part of the LAN interface. All this appears to be working. I'm sure this is something simple. I'm happy to post any config info you may need to help diagnose it. Thanks, Joe

This is what you were supposed to do. There are differences among configs on some devices - such that version 17 and 18 configs aren't compatible.

After my trying to diagnose the problem and fiddling around, the Ethernet LAN ports are working now. I imagine the swconfig for switch0 in /etc/config/network was either wrong on installation or became broken perhaps when I installed sqm, but it's now working. I may save the config and re-install the upgrade to see if I could see where things went wrong, but for now "if it ain't broke..."

1 Like