Error accessing firewall config in LuCI (17.01.4)

I'm trying to configure firewall settings in LuCI at /cgi-bin/luci/admin/network/firewall/zones, but I'm getting a stack trace:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: Failed to execute arcombine dispatcher target for entry '/admin/network/firewall/zones'.
The called action terminated with an exception:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/map'.
A runtime error occured: /usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/tblsection'.
A runtime error occured: /usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/firewall_zoneforwards'.
A runtime error occured: /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/firewall.lua:21: bad argument #2 to 'get' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: in function 'dispatch'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:141: in function

I'm running LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-19.055.62634-0cc62b4) / LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d.

Did you perform any opkg upgrade before it occurred by any chance?

1 Like

Yes, I was installing other software before I noticed the firewall page issue, so I would have done an opkg upgrade.

In any case, you are running an outdated version of the ancient release. If using 17.01, you should use 17.01.6 at least. .6 may have already fixed a possible bug in .4 (as theer is a 11 month time difference between those maintenance releases)

Of course, you should run 18.06 instead if possible for your router.

Most likely there is something wrong (typo?) in your /etc/config/firewall, and LuCI chokes as it does not understand the config correctly.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out the fact that I needed to upgrade; I keep up with packages via opkg but had neglected to keep up with the latest firmware. I've updated to 18.06.2 and now everything works as expected.