Easybox 904 xdsl OpenWrt config

hi

i success install opent Wrt on my easybox 904 xdsl

i need to know if it support adsl 2+ or not ?

because i need this option to make my conection work

i cannot find it on openWrt Conection config

the option is

VLAN & VLAN ID: 510 ===== must put config like this with username & password to make my adsl runnig ok

Lantiq hardware should be supported, it's actually one of the few (if not the only) DSL hardware supported on OpenWrt. I know it's for the LTE version, but the DSL version seems to be documented as well here: Support for Easybox 904 LTE (along with links to the old, dead forum and whatnot). Hopefully you can get some information from there.

1 Like

The Easybox 904 xDSL should work in the various (annex B) ADSL modi as any other lantiq device (I've only tested VDSL2 on it myself). VPI/ VCI settings and VLAN tagging (if necessary) need to be configured as needed.

1 Like

thnx

can you help me how tag vlan switch option and put vlan id : 510 in my modem ?

You change option ifname 'dsl0' to option ifname 'dsl0.510' in your WAN stanza (/etc/config/network), see https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/isp-configurations for a couple of examples.

OpenWrt 18.06.x and newer uses dsl0 for both ADSL and VDSL (older versions distinguished the interface names between both modes).

i try with this cmd to edit config i got error

root@OpenWrt:~# nano /etc/config/network
-ash: nano: not found

nano isn't part of OpenWrt's default (preinstalled) package set (but you can install it), (busybox-) vi however is.

vi isn't the most beginner friendly text editor, but it's small and expected to be present on every Linux/ UN*X system, so some basic familiarity for simple usage is good to train. If you are familiar with it, it can be a very mighty text editor, able to deal with very complex tasks (even if it might look frightening at first) and huge files.

The following guides don't look too bad:

busybox vi has a limited feature set compared to the one described in those guides (which are meant for the full command implementations of e.g. ex-vi, nvi, vim, etc.), but the basics for editing/ inserting ([ESC] [i]) and saving/ closing ([ESC] :wq) a text file are the same.

1 Like

ADSL2+ Annex J should be possible to

1 Like

ok i success put the config

but i still get no conection

For syncing via ADSL the right Annex and the right VCI / VPI values are required.
Which ADSL specification is required by your ISP ?
Which are VCI and VPI settings are required for your ISP ?

this is my working config from my other huwaei modem

vci/vpi = 0/35

First of all, are you sure that you need ADSL annex B (or annex J), which is rather uncommon outside of germany (and parts of Austria/ Switzerland)?

If you require annex A, the Easybox 904 xDSL is not going to help you.

In general, the PPPoE variant of https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/isp-configurations#adsl1 with option vci '35' and option ifname 'dsl0.510' should work, except that the Easybox 904 xDSL hardware doesn't support annex A, so it would only work (if supported by your ISP) with option annex 'a' or option annex 'j' - and you may have to experiment with the option tone settings.

1 Like

Unfotunly i do not know when the Modem settings are really in use, when i have an equal Problem i have reboot the whole Router after each change.
If someone have the answer of the question when are the modem settings are really in use please wrote here.

If you are a Member of an Annex-B Country try this:
ADSL Annex B

config atm-bridge 'atm'
        option vpi '0'
        option vci '35'
        option encaps 'llc'
        option payload 'bridged'

config dsl 'dsl'
        option xfer_mode 'atm'
        option line_mode 'adsl'
        option annex 'b2p'

ADSL2+ Annex B

config atm-bridge 'atm'
        option vpi '0'
        option vci '35'
        option encaps 'llc'
        option payload 'bridged'

config dsl 'dsl'
        option xfer_mode 'atm'
        option line_mode 'adsl'
        option annex 'b2p'

ADSL2+ Annex J

config atm-bridge 'atm'
        option vpi '0'
        option vci '35'
        option encaps 'llc'
        option payload 'bridged'

config dsl 'dsl'
        option xfer_mode 'atm'
        option line_mode 'adsl'
        option annex 'j'

On my Problem it was necessary to give the exact Annex and Modulation and the right VPI/VCI to get an sync

1 Like

Hey,
I was wondering if its possible to get wifi bridge mode working via ssh cli?
I read in the install instructions, only ap mode but it was unclear if its only regarding the ui or if its just not possible technically.

:slight_smile:

No, this is driver side, not UI side.

--
at least there is no known precedence, you'd have to dive in head first int RaLink iNIC userspace APIs, which are… from another era, and not a good one.