Does OpenWrt support transparent bridge function?

Does openwrt support transparent bridge function? How do I install this package? Where can I download it? Please help me! Thank you so much!

What do you mean exactly? By default Openwrt already supports this. By default the LAN ports are already bridged together through the router's internal switch. It also has the possibility to bridge things together in software. This is also already done by default. If you go to your br-lan interface, and go to physical settings, you will notice that bridge interfaces is enabled and the lan VLAN and WiFI interfaces are bridged together.

Thank you for your reply, I mean, I do nā€™t want to have 2 routers and 2 gateways in the network, because there is a general gateway in the upper layer of openwrt. Doing forwarding is equivalent to a transparent network bridge. In the LEDE era, someone made a toolkit that can directly implement this function. I don't know if there is any toolkit for openwrt that allows me to set this up. Looking forward to your guidance! thanks you very much!

Can you be more clear, implement what function?
Can you show us this LEDE button?

• Are you trying to create to LANs?
  • Do you want to create another subnet?
  • Create a guest network?
  • Are you trying to connect it as an access point?

Could you tell me how to set up the br-bridge function of openwrt? My openwrt has two physical wired interfaces on the soft router, one wan port, one lan port, and no wireless. I want the wan port and the lan port to achieve seamless bridging, and the ip network segment of the lan port can be the same as the wan port.

I don't want to use openwrt as a route. I just want to bridge two network interfaces and make it a switch. Do you want to change the firewall rules after bridging? How can I change it? Thank you very much

Could you tell me how to set up the br-bridge function of openwrt? My openwrt has two physical wired interfaces on the soft router, one wan port, one lan port, and no wireless. I want the wan port and the lan port to achieve seamless bridging, and the ip network segment of the lan port can be the same as the wan port.I don't want to use openwrt as a route. I just want to bridge two network interfaces and make it a switch. Do you want to change the firewall rules after bridging? How can I change it? Thank you very much

OK so basically you want to change the WAN port to be a LAN port. Yes this is easy (if your router supports it), you only need to go to Network > Switch

The image below shows example of my default config on my router.

And this is after changing the WAN port to be part of the LAN VLAN

To achieve that, you will need to identify the WAN VLAN (usually VLAN 2, but generally it's the VLAN that has the WAN port untagged and all LAN ports off), delete it, or just change the WAN port from untagged to off, then for the other VLAN (the LAN VLAN), change the WAN port form off to untagged.

Numbering will vary between routers, but simply you want one VLAN to have all 4 LAN ports + the WAN port set to untagged.

1 Like