Discrepency in YAMon reports

Installed YAMon v4.0.6 yesterday, but the daily usage report shows a 2000% difference measured.

Model: TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v3
Firmware Version: LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.290.79498-d3f0685)|

any clues as to why this would be? I'm waiting for the xfinity data usage total to catch up for a comparison

Where are you running this? On an access point? It shows essentially 0 local traffic, so you're kind of "dividing by zero" I think.

I've just got the router hooked up to the modem and created a wireless network. Sorry if that doesn't answer the question.

I think it's trying to compare what it measures to some other value, but that other value is not consistent in any way, so what it measured was 20x bigger... I don't know what that other value is, but looking at the YAmon page it looks like it's supposed to be numbers from your ISP?

YAMon shouldn't be able to access my ISP data usage, right?

added new image, if it helps at all

I have no idea how it works, but maybe there's some way it can check your modem stats if you give it a particular URL to retrieve or something? It looks like that's the purpose of this particular data. I think you can safely ignore it.

I've made some pretty major changes going from YAMon v3 to v4. To date, I've been focussed on the router side of things (and changed jobs at the beginning of the month). This could (hopefuylly) be a simple reporting issue.

I'll get back to you ASAP

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.