Disable LED "blinking" on network activity

Hi,

my router is having party near my desk so I like to disable the blinking on network activity. I read a little and
find something in th OpenWRT Wiki how to configure LEDs.

I tried to overwrite the LED configuration like described with the following command without tx/rx event but got an error. So does somebody know what is wrong or if it is a better way to change this?

echo "[none] switch0 timer default-on netdev usbport phy0assoc phy0radio phy0tpt phy1assoc phy1radio phy1tpt" > /sys/class/leds/r7800:white:wifi/trigger

ash: write error: Invalid argument

Cheers,
Nils

You forgot to say which router you are talking about, but you seem to be using R7800, right?

R7800 has a mechanical switch on the backside to turn off most LEDs (all except power). Just toggle that switch and get rid of the blinking activity.

Well, that command looks completely wrong. The output of cat shown all possible values and the selected one in brackets.

When you write it, you just write the selected value:

root@router1:~# cat /sys/class/leds/r7800:white:wifi/trigger
[none] switch0 timer default-on netdev usbport phy0rx phy0tx phy0assoc phy0radio phy0tpt phy1rx phy1tx phy1assoc phy1radio phy1tpt

root@router1:~# echo none > /sys/class/leds/r7800:white:wifi/trigger

root@router1:~# cat /sys/class/leds/r7800:white:wifi/trigger
[none] switch0 timer default-on netdev usbport phy0rx phy0tx phy0assoc phy0radio phy0tpt phy1rx phy1tx phy1assoc phy1radio phy1tpt

But that does not help you, as the wifi LED is directly controlled by the ath10k wifi driver. (Note that the "none" trigger was already selected in my router, and the wifi LEDs still blink.

Just use the manual toggle switch.

Yes, it is a R7800. Forgot to write that.

Ok, that explains why the LEDs are not listed in the LuCi LED configuration page. At best I like to see only the status of the connection without blinking but in between I will shut it of with the switch. Thanks a lot, with that information I can stop trying.

I read the documentation again and understand my mistake. Thanks a lot. I thought I have to overwrite the complete file with that command but it will only add a parameter. Even if it is not possible because the driver controls the led how could I delete a trigger. I planned to delete phy0rx phy0tx from that file to that the receive/transmit events are ignored then.