Dir 853 a2

Ok that's good.

Have a look here

You should be able to start a telnet session by just using the browser. you won't get any specific page just an error but the you can try and telnet to the router with admin and your admin password.

If that works it would be better to try and get a full backup of the device. Does the device have usb by the way? From the pictures it seems like it does not. Am I right?

Now the disclaimer
I HAVE COMPILED THIS FIRMWARE WITHOUT MUCH INFO FROM YOUR DEVICE. I HAVE ASSUMED THAT IT IS USING THE SAME PARTITION SCHEME AS THE DIR-878 SO THIS IS WHAT i USED.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED β€œAS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE

Ok now that's done this is the file. Try and flash it from that web interface. It does not mean it will work the first try.
If it does not I had some success with windows edge in private mode. If that does not work try with curl

curl -v -i -F "firmware=@openwrt-ramips-mt7621-dlink_dir-853-a2-squashfs-factory.bin" 192.168.0.1 

This is the file. Please understand that it might brick your router.

2 Likes

HI ads119
as I stated to you on github
you need to capture the full boot log from the serial port inside the router
& I'm sorry but if you don't or can't lookup the basic skills on how to do this
then I'm afrade it's not going to happen you need this serial console access

look up how to connect a USB to TTL level rs232 adapter to you router

1 Like

another thing there is not much info out there for an A2
could you please look at the web interface of you router
look for the model number is it saying DIR-853-A2 or DIR-853-A1

1 Like

Here is the equipment information:

D-Link: DIR-853 Hardware Version: A2 Firmware Version: 1.20

I'll do this procedure you gave me and let you know if it worked.

I'm adding some more photos, but the equipment only has an RJ45 input. There is no USB or serial port on this equipment.

I also use a notebook that has only USB or RJ45 input. I do not know that would work both equipment can only be connected by RJ45.

I'm trying to use this firmware you gave me.

I tried to do it via browser within the console of the D-link itself and gave the error.

Post a sharper image of the whole PCB, but I guess the serial console is the four dots by the WAN port.

It won't work as I did not encrypt the image. You need to upload it from the recovery interface that you posted earlier

When I try to use the recovery console this happens.

If the flash is successful, the IP will be different,

Changing the IP on the adapter to 192.168.1.2 I try to ping the router's ip 192.168.1.1 it doesn't seem to respond, that the image is not going up on the device via the recovery console.

@kar200

Is there a way to upload via telnet?

Can you access the original web interface when you boot the device?If yes then the flash did not work.

If no then it meas the flash through recovery worked but my firmware did not work as intended.

When I restart the router it works normally again, including the name of the Wireless network that was already in operation.

@kar200
If you send me an encrypted image, wouldn't it be better to try to upload it to the router? Or could it be a problem?

1 Like

Guys. I'm tracking this post as well. if you guys have an available image for testing, please let me know. I have a DIR-853 A2 as well. (@kar200 thanks for your work! I really appreciate it)

Hello, download this file above and see if it works on your device, I'm not getting it, it may be an error here that I still don't understand.

What's happening on your side, man? What are the steps taken in order to get this binary installed? Did you installed via curl command or via interface?

@kar200 I tried to upload the image also with the curl command, but I was not successful either.

Why does this happen?

The device continues with the orange light blinking and the BLUE (network cable) connected.

I've already tried to upload it both through the Browser and through the command prompt.

can anybody help me?