Devolo WiFi pro 1750e / EDIMAX Pro WAP1750 / Acelink EW-7679WAC

Does removing "Versions=" help?

1 Like

Yes that worked, many thanks!

The firmware from your link is the same I got before. The sha256sum is b23440d0d6460b0b80006243e3840b9a1f75cb28da995516f417ce2eab5e44a3.

I also still have the gpl sources, that were published by devolo before. If there is interest I can upload these, too.

1 Like

thxs 4 the patches. i'm able to get my 1750e working with them.
http://map.freifunk-nordheide.de/#!v:m;n:f4068ddf09b1

1 Like

Hi All,

The patch was kindly reviewed and committed by Mathias Kresin. Updated the wiki entries as such, look forward to testing the snapshot firmware soon.

Cheers,
Django

1 Like

Hi,

thats some great news!

Sascha

Yes indeed it is :slight_smile:

FYI, the firmware has been built and can now be downloaded: openwrt-ath79-generic-devolo_dvl1750e-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin.

I hope to get some time to test it tomorrow.

I'm getting the error

Image doesn't have a checksum.
Image check 'platform_check_image' failed.

are there different versions of the 1750e?

Are you sure you used the -F flag with sysupgrade? The error should only occur in case this flag is missing.

Hello,

I have been using my Devolo WiFi pro 1750e with this build for some time now and did not have any problems. Last week I read about the new OpenWrt 19.07 relase ans was curious if I could install this new version?

Thanks,
Sascha

See https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07-SNAPSHOT/targets/ath79/generic/

1 Like

Thanks for your quick replay. I see this is a SNAPSHOT release without LuCI installed, so I will wait until there is a stable release.

Thanks,
Sascha

Release-snapshots do come with LuCI.
Only snapshots of master do not come with LuCI.

2 Likes

Is there also a flashable image for the Edimax Pro WAP1750. I get the error: "The file is not compatible with your firmware." when i try to flash the bin "openwrt-19.07.0-ath79-generic-devolo_dvl1750e-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" over the webgui

I want to change from stock rom to the openwrt 19.07

thanks

1 Like

same problem here. I have EDIMAX WAP1750 and can't find any manual for CLI console, which may be use (I hope) for uploading OpenWRT.
Any advice?
Kris

You can enable Telnet in the Settings.

I know, and i can connect using ssh.
The problem is that it's not unix like shell, but some kind of CLI tool looking like below...

config  |  basic setting.
               edit  |  edit mode.
                lan  |  set Lan.
               show  |  show
               wlan  |  set Wireless Lan.
               exit  |  exit CLI.
               quit  |  exit CLI.
             radius  |  set radius.
            command  |  upload commands file
                  ?  |  For Help

Hard to find out how to upload to /tmp and flash...
Kris

The original Link is not working anymore, the specs can now be found under https://www.acelink.com.tw/products_detail/en/office-enp/ew-7679wac/

This topic was intended for adding support for this specific device.
Since official 19.07 images are available since quite some time, I will set a timer for this topic to close.

Please open new topics for any open issues with this device.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.