DeBricked Sky SR102

Hello, please tell me according to the link of the store below, which programmers are suitable for this problem? please
link :https://www.javanelec.com/Shops?productCategory=1090

If I want someone to program the flash IC for me, is it possible to flash it with any programmer through the connections on the board, which are 5 pins near the flash IC?
Because flash ICs are usually 8 pins! But this IC is not limited to this number!

Please, if jtag doesn't answer, tell me with which programmer I should program IC?????

If I want someone to program the flash IC for me, is it possible to flash it with any programmer through the connections on the board, which are 5 pins near the flash IC?
Because flash ICs are usually 8 pins! But this IC is not limited to this number!

Please, if jtag doesn't answer, tell me with which programmer I should program IC?

I can really only say that openwrt instructions for debrick are useless because my device is stuck on the yellow light and doesn't even recognize the lan and serial cable, even the reset keys don't work.

Did you ever consider the possibility that the router is dead and any attempt to bring it back to life is either

1. Not possible, because some IC were killed during your experiment with the flash chip.
  2. Much to complicated, because it needs a lot more knowledge than you have at the moment and/or requires additional hardware (such as a JTAG or SPI programmer) which will also cost you some money.
  3. This will cost you more time and money than to get another router.

Or is it nearly impossible, to get another used, better suited router in Iran?

3 Likes

Is this any help?

Keep in mind that the SR102 will have no WiFi as the B43 drivers however there is a mini pci slot inside so maybe get a qualcomm from ebay? - Its also a dual core CPU @ 400mhz = 800mhz so ok for anything below 50MB speed, Also LAN is only 100Mbit not even 1Gig but the flash chip is 16MB so farly okay but getting on abit.

1 Like

I am sure that my problem is due to the lack of a programmer. Because when I connect the router with a parallel cable, the errors are the same, no matter when I disconnect it.
Because I connected the router to a homemade parallel cable that I made with 4 resistors!
In both cases, the errors are the same!

Is there anyone who can guide me?
I burned my router's CFE with the wrong file, is there really no way I can bring it back to life???
How can I connect the FL128SAIH30 chip to the programmer and write the sky-sr102-cfe.bin file on it???
If the chip was 8-pin, it would definitely not be a problem, but now no one can guide me on how to bring it back to life.
I would appreciate it if someone could help me :slight_smile:

I think the information page of the sky-sr102 device has a lot of mistakes, because it is written that it is compatible with IC S25FL128P, while this IC is not at all similar to IC Flash FL128SAIH30, especially in terms of the number of bases!
Now my question is, why do I differ the number of bases of these two? Now, how can these two be replaced together???
If one of its bases is inside and one is outside???
I think this is completely wrong, like the other mentioned information!!!

And how does this measure the voltage of your parallel port?

This indicates that the pin TDO does not react. Either because you already fried the SoC or because the programmer cable is wrong (see below). Or the soldering is bad. Or the wiring is wrong.

The instructions say 100 Ohm, why do you use 300?

The information is correct. Compatibility refers to the software compatibility, not the hardware compatibility. Both are SPI flash chips, although in different casings.

You can't and shouldn't.

Do not blame the Wiki if you don't understand its contents! Feel free to improve it if you have updated information. So far, however, the Wiki has been correct.

I already mentioned that you might be able to flash the IC with an SPI programmer. The SPI pins are clearly marked on an image in the Wiki (test points near the flash IC): SCK, SI, SO, CS. You will also need VCC and GND to power the IC. However: Flashing an SPI IC in-circuit might or might not work. This depends on the rest of the circuit!

I already told you (and most others that replied here) that it's probably a better option to get a decent router instead. If you do this for academic purposes (you mentioned you were a student) then you should try to do more research on your own before wasting other people's time with double-posts and questions that are answered on the Wiki page (I give you a hint: Check how SPI works, then read the datasheet of the flash chips).

And one more thing to learn: Be more patient. This is an online forum, you cannot expect people to answer within minutes. Actually, you cannot expect anyone to answer, we are all doing this in our spare time and for free. IMHO you can bump your post or ask again after a week or so, but not within hours. And I might also remind you of differing timezones.

2 Likes

The wiki mentiones " Flash Chip [FL128SAIH30]), compatible with [S25FL128P]".
Stop trolling.

(post deleted by author)

Please do not create new threads with questions that you already asked in another thread. In the meantime, you got an answer there:

This behavior is really annoying, I answered to your post in the other thread just to discover a minute later that you created a new one.

it's gone now, and moved into this one, I've asked @psherman to hide one of them.

1 Like

I think it is better to introduce me to an accessible and cheap programmer to finish this post and solve my problem. Or a programmer for jtag, because with some soldering wires and a resistor, I don't get results through jtag.
Interestingly, it is said in the wiki that this is not a simple jtag!

Just take a long and close look at the datasheet of both flash chips.
There you'll see that both are available in 2 different kind of packages.
1 with 16 leads which stick out of the case, 1 with with only 8 connectors which are under the package.

Even me, who's well experienced with electronics and used to solder SMD would never ever attempt to try to replace the latter one without the necessary tools which aren't common in most places.

That doesn't make it better - think of the following:

• I get a notification that there are answers to a new thread
  • I create a (thorough) answer in this thread
  • I go to the list of new topics
  • and then I discover that there is a new topic asking the same question again

This leads to a lot of confusion and people getting annoyed.

@psherman: thanks for moving

Would you please start reading posts before asking the same question over and over again?
I know I wrote that one of my previous posts would be my last one and, obviously, it would have been better that way.

(post deleted by author)

tbh, you were flogging a dead horse in the 1st place ...

noone forced you to make an attempt.

by the comments you previously made, it was pretty much a brick before you even started.

there's a reason why those two warnigs exists on the device wiki page.

and you're welcome for us taking the time to try to help you out.

Mahdi
I dont know what things are like in Iran but you will save more money and time by getting yourself a proper router and a standalone modem like the draytek vigor 120. Is ebay blocked in Iran? Fixing something like a Sky router is going to cost you more, and it wont be worth it anyway because of the rubbish broadcom chip it uses

4 Likes