Added issue for Update Lists in LuCi -
New builds have been uploaded to the site and are ready for download.
Kernel version = 4.14.91
WiFi driver = 10.3.8.0-20181210
Build = r9028
Please note the LuCi issue listed above. The work around is to run the 'opkg update' command from command line.
Which OpenWrt Package Feed to Use?
I was starting to be afraid something happened to you. Glad you came back with a release.
Sorry if i bother but there are any major difference, known problems compared to r8873?
PS: IOT smart plugs, light etc still has problems with WMM Mode enabled, i would recommend to add something like this to the FAQ:
"If you have a problem with smart plugs, light etc just make another 2.4ghz interface and disable WMM on that."
I will install right away the new build and report for any bug i'll found. Thanks for your work.
It's amusing, I too was a little concerned something happened to David. I'm running r9028 now on my WRT1900ACS. Thanks for the new build. I'm happy to use the updated adblock which now can provided statistics.
Thanks -- It was time for a vacation
I have been unable to complete an upgrade the past month or so, Upon flashing, the window just hangs and then goes back to the main screen without upgrading or rebooting. Any idea what's going on? Tried multiple downloads to ensure it wasn't a bad file. I read back a few pages and tried searching for similar problems but perhaps I am blind if there was a simple solution :D.
Thanks in advance.
As always, thanks for your great work and contribution.
I upgraded to r9028 from the command line from r8614. Upgrade went fine. However, when I try to run 'opkg update' I get errors such as:
* opkg_download: Failed to download https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r9028/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages/Packages.gz, wget returned 5.
If I check in Chrome, your LetsEncrypt certificate is valid.
Thanks for any insight.
I just had the same thing happen. The 2019-01-13 image SHA-128 was correct when verified via a utility. The image SHA-128 for the same file was NOT correct during the upgrade of the router. I advanced rebooted to my router the the alternate partition. This time the SHA-128 was correct when reported during the update and the upgrade to the 2019-01-13 image was a success.
Possibly related to all of this download failed / checksum failed madness, there's been several times where I've tried to download something with wget on the command line over HTTPS and have it bomb out (it was an IPK I was trying to grab). Ended up just SCPing the file over from my PC directly to OpenWrt and then install and sure enough, worked great.
I also had all of the pre-reqs installed for HTTPS such as the ca-certificates and ca-bundles at the time.. and it let me download it, but the size of the file did not entirely line up with the file I copied over locally with SCP and by association the checksum was also wrong (file was corrupted).
I don't think this is a problem with your build in particular, but something with OpenWrt and HTTPS is my theory. Thought I'd throw my $0.02 in here with my experiences so far, and best of luck nailing this annoying bug down.
5 is a SSL error. Make sure you have the SSL libraries needed for the connection. The build will have these by default. Were they removed?
I didn't intentionally remove any packages I did run the dnsproxy2 script. For wget, it looks like all dependencies are installed:
root@Wrt3200acm:~# opkg list wget
wget - 1.20.1-1
root@Wrt3200acm:~# opkg list-installed |grep libopenssl
libopenssl - 1.0.2p-1
Same is true for other packages:
wget depends on:
Thanks for any further insight.
HELP! I'm running r8873 on a WRT1900AC. I've been running David builds for roughly 1.5 years. Suddenly today I'm unable to to upgrade to the newest release as I am out of space on the router. I have no idea how that happened, or how to fix. Any suggestions? I run ZERO additional packages.. Just a straight David install..
Good news is you're not out of space. /rom always shows 100%
root@lede:~# df -h Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/root 15.0M 15.0M 0 100% /rom tmpfs 249.5M 5.1M 244.4M 2% /tmp /dev/ubi0_1 45.8M 4.6M 38.9M 10% /overlay overlayfs:/overlay 45.8M 4.6M 38.9M 10% / ubi1:syscfg 70.2M 472.0K 66.1M 1% /tmp/syscfg tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
What is the error message when trying to sysupgrade?
Well, that was strange...
/dev/ubi0_1 and overlayfs/overlay were both at 100%... I rebooted and they went to 30% (when I took the screen shot)... I got the BIN file copied and did the sysupgrade... It SEEMS ok for now!?
what happens when you run the following command manually?
Works like a charm... everything is running fine now.
I get certificate error, Summarized output as I can't put in several links.
Resolving .. 188.8.131.52
Connecting to |184.108.40.206|:443... connected.
ERROR: no certificate subject alternative name matches
requested host name 'davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net'.
To connect to davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
Appears to not be resolving the IP address properly.
Please run the following command - #nslookup davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net
It should resolve to 220.127.116.11
C:\Users\davidc502>nslookup davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net Server: lede.lan Address: 192.168.20.1 Non-authoritative answer: Name: davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net Address: 18.104.22.168
Yes, that seems to be my problem: (modifying output so the post goes through)
root@Wrt3200acm:/etc# nslookup davidc502sis...net
Address 1: 22.214.171.124
*** Can't find davidc502sis....net: No answer
The 162,150.21.51 address seems to be an incorrect Xfinity DNS server, I think.
Devices attached to my router have no problem. (Again, I did run the dnscrypt-proxy2.sh script).
It's unclear to me what settings to check or changes, so thanks again for any insight.