Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Please take this as a reminder that this topic is intended for questions specific to this community build only.

For questions regarding official release / snapshot builds, please use the other available forum categories. Please use the forum search before starting a new topic.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

@tmomas

My apologies.

Considering I used the config.buildinfo and build manifest from @davidc502’s last build release to create my imagebuilder environment, and that to my knowledge the component in question is only used in David’s builds, I felt this to be the appropriate forum.

Been a while since I did a build and I never used Imagebuilder, but usually this didn't show up if the src line was missing from the feeds.

Update feeds/install feeds is inherent to the resolution, but seems to be missing/unclear from the wiki’s. All is well. Thanks.

I c, thanks for the reply. Can you point me to a guide or something, (n00b) :face_with_monocle:

Bt the way why there is no such thing every other firmware has that option!? :thinking:

Thanks

Try https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/firewall/fw3_configurations/fw3_parent_controls

Just found this. Seems to be an improved version of my 6 year old setup!

1 Like

Looks like they removed the work-arounds for early DSA adopters, including our mvebu platform. Should be getting pretty stable if that's the case:

2 Likes

Nice info there, Maybe its just a matter of time before @davidc502 starts to build again..
Either way, ill be waiting........ But this is a good start to whats yet to come..

2 Likes

If I have time this weekend, will check it out.

11 Likes

Dave,
Regardless of what you do in the future - for your service and empathy - you will always be -

my guy- Peace

6 Likes

greetings all. i am using the acm3200 with standard linksys-wrt on it and would like to install davidc502's version of wrt. however, his web site states updates are not available because of a dsa and/or kernel issue. i am just a noob and have tried to find out what dsa is or why it is preventing upgrades. yes, i searched but there was nothing specific i can find for the acm3200. the only things i can find on this are distributed switch architecture. i am not familiar with what this is or how it prevents the davidc502 firmware from being updated.

if we wish to flash the davidc502 firmware for an acm3200, do you guys recommend we just use the version on the davidc502 site (will that prevent updating in the future?) or we should presently stay on whatever firmware our acm3200 has and wait for whatever the dsa issue is to be resolved?

thank you.

I myself was just down this road, If you want to run Davidc502's firmware, its still the older swconfig not DSA, as he has pointed out, people still on swconfig and not updated to DSA will end up softbricking their device.. If you want to convert now, so that your in DSA, and just want to wait for when Davidc502 updates again.. Then you must flash a developer build. AKA snapshot build. that has DSA already included, but, make sure you force flash since the 2 images wont match up from what you currentlly have.. and make sure you uncheck the keep settings.. DO NOT KEEP SETTINGS......... then just reconfigure everything after its flashed..

Be forewarned, LUCI does not come with snapshot builds. you will have to either command line install it.. or use IMAGEBUILDER to create your own with everything you want already added...... (Which is what I originally did)

@davidc502 said above that hes going to look into the most recent commits added, that will prob allow swconfig peepz to covert/ or still use dsa without softbricking their device.. Do, maybe wait till after this weekend. and see what he says............. If you really have no clue... Just wait flash Davidc502's last release and wait till he updates again.... Prob your best choice if you dont have the stomach to
test and so on.........

Dear Eliminater74,
Hello and I hope that you are safe and well. I have a request of you ( or any other community member who is adept at this process ). Regarding your comment " use IMAGEBUILDER to create your own with everything you want already added " - this is where I need a bit of assistance. I have tried ( unsuccessfully ) to use various image builders. Would you be so kind to provide me with the image builder you recommend along with the packages to add. I have wrt1900acs and wrt3200acm. You can PM me or provide it here ( for myself and others ) if that is permitted. I have struggled with IMAGEBUILDER - and this is the only reason that I am asking this courtesy of you. Thanks and once again - stay safe.
Peace

Hi, guys! Been using WRT1200AC + newest build (on kernel 5.4) for quite a white and noticed wireless speed degradation after some time, and also reduced coverage. Problems with both on 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz.

All the issues are gone on stock firmware. My previous LEDE build (circa 2018) was quite stable, and I blame the mwlwifi driver on the recent builds.

I would like to know if it is possible to install another mwlwifi, like @eduperez builds on @davidc502 build? (https://github.com/eduperez/mwlwifi_LEDE)

Thanks

Not really, but I am not sure why you would anticipate different results from the same SW/FW; everyone pulls from the same github repository.

I simply think that newer mwlwifi is not better. I'd like to try different mwlwifi version with hope to fix my problems. Would be great to have installable mwlwifi.

In that case I would suggest your best option would be to use the SDK to build an image with a modified mwlwifi makefile back to the point in the commit history of the mwlwifi git repository where you believe things were better.

1 Like

In this thread, I am currently offering different versions of the mwlwifi drivers, that can be installed on top of several stable builds of OpenWrt. If you need a combination not offered there, just ask.

4 Likes

@eduperez Thank for reply, my question here is about cross-kernel compatibilty. Your builds are for 4.x kernels, while @davidc502 builds are kernel 5.x. Are they known to be compatible? I'm afraid to softbrick the device by installing incompatible driver version.

If answer is unknown, I guess, I will take the risk. :slight_smile:

Being short, it's a question of the compilation. You can use older builds (in general, need some patches from time to time) if you compile it for new kernels.