Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

the fact that this is @davidc502's official thread, I dont want to go off topic in it..
So you can PM or message me on telegram under this same Name.. and I could give you step by step instructions, so you can do it again on your own in the future if need be..........
and I have the 3200ACM as well. I do hope you at least read the instructions on how to use imagebuilder and know you need linux 64bit at least.. if I remember right, you can use windows.. but I could be wrong.. and I would only use linux. or at least get a VM if you dont have a linux box.. so please have everything ready before you message me. but I am willing to show you the steps I took to build my image, and it nearlly looks the same as @davidc502's since I did use every package that he uses all the way down to the theme opentomato..(note: I did not use his Repo's only the package names that I know that I had originally installed on my device using that echo command to list all current packages)

1 Like

Hi guys,

As there is no new builds, and I have problem of not geeting enough speed on cable (internet) I took decission to perform my own build as long time ago. This is that just wanted to confirm that I need to:

1. git clone https://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/openwrt.git

2. use david confid

3. build

4. use

Additionally what is porblem wit DSA, as I have no time for softbricking and recovery?

BR,
M.

Hi,

I am getting the following error when accessing System > Software via LuCI.

Text copied from both the highlighted lines:

(function(window, document, L, rpc, request, baseclass) { 'use strict';'require rpc';'require request';'require baseclass';var callFileList,callFileStat,callFileRead,callFileWrite,callFileRemove,callFileExec,callFileMD5;callFileList=rpc.declare({object:'file',method:'list',params:['path']});callFileStat=rpc.declare({object:'file',method:'stat',params:['path']});callFileRead=rpc.declare({object:'file',method:'read',params:['path']});callFileWrite=rpc.declare({object:'file',method:'write',params:['path','data','mode']});callFileRemove=rpc.declare({object:'file',method:'remove',params:['path']});callFileExec=rpc.declare({object:'file',method:'exec',params:['command','params','env']});callFileMD5=rpc.declare({object:'file',method:'md5',params:['path']});var rpcErrors=[null,'InvalidCommandError','InvalidArgumentError','MethodNotFoundError','NotFoundError','NoDataError','PermissionError','TimeoutError','UnsupportedError'];function handleRpcReply(expect,rc){if(typeof(rc)=='number'&&rc!=0){var e=new Error(rpc.getStatusText(rc));e.name=rpcErrors[rc]||'Error';throw e;}
if(expect){var type=Object.prototype.toString;for(var key in expect){if(rc!=null&&key!='')
rc=rc[key];if(rc==null||type.call(rc)!=type.call(expect[key])){var e=new Error(_('Unexpected reply data format'));e.name='TypeError';throw e;}
break;}}
return rc;}
function handleCgiIoReply(res){if(!res.ok||res.status!=200){var e=new Error(res.statusText);switch(res.status){case 400:e.name='InvalidArgumentError';break;case 403:e.name='PermissionError';break;case 404:e.name='NotFoundError';break;default:e.name='Error';}
throw e;}
switch(this.type){case'blob':return res.blob();case'json':return res.json();default:return res.text();}}
var FileSystem=baseclass.extend({list:function(path){return callFileList(path).then(handleRpcReply.bind(this,{entries:[]}));},stat:function(path){return callFileStat(path).then(handleRpcReply.bind(this,{'':{}}));},read:function(path){return callFileRead(path).then(handleRpcReply.bind(this,{data:''}));},write:function(path,data,mode){data=(data!=null)?String(data):'';mode=(mode!=null)?mode:420;return callFileWrite(path,data,mode).then(handleRpcReply.bind(this,{'':0}));},remove:function(path){return callFileRemove(path).then(handleRpcReply.bind(this,{'':0}));},exec:function(command,params,env){if(!Array.isArray(params))
params=null;if(!L.isObject(env))
env=null;return callFileExec(command,params,env).then(handleRpcReply.bind(this,{'':{}}));},trimmed:function(path){return L.resolveDefault(this.read(path),'').then(function(s){return s.trim();});},lines:function(path){return L.resolveDefault(this.read(path),'').then(function(s){var lines=[];s=s.trim();if(s!=''){var l=s.split(/\n/);for(var i=0;i<l.length;i++)
lines.push(l[i].trim());}
return lines;});},read_direct:function(path,type){var postdata='sessionid=%s&path=%s'.format(encodeURIComponent(L.env.sessionid),encodeURIComponent(path));return request.post(L.env.cgi_base+'/cgi-download',postdata,{headers:{'Content-Type':'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'},responseType:(type=='blob')?'blob':'text'}).then(handleCgiIoReply.bind({type:type}));},exec_direct:function(command,params,type,latin1){var cmdstr=String(command).replace(/\\/g,'\\\\').replace(/(\s)/g,'\\$1');if(Array.isArray(params))
for(var i=0;i<params.length;i++)
cmdstr+=' '+String(params[i]).replace(/\\/g,'\\\\').replace(/(\s)/g,'\\$1');if(latin1)
cmdstr=escape(cmdstr).replace(/\+/g,'%2b');else
cmdstr=encodeURIComponent(cmdstr);var postdata='sessionid=%s&command=%s'.format(encodeURIComponent(L.env.sessionid),cmdstr);return request.post(L.env.cgi_base+'/cgi-exec',postdata,{headers:{'Content-Type':'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'},responseType:(type=='blob')?'blob':'text'}).then(handleCgiIoReply.bind({type:type}));}});return FileSystem; })
//# sourceURL=https://192.168.123.254/luci-static/resources/fs.js?v=git-20.144.63033-62ed4e6

Uncaught (in promise) NotFoundError: Executable not found
    handleCgiIoReply https://192.168.123.254/luci-static/resources/fs.js?v=git-20.144.63033-62ed4e6:6
luci.js:6:67

I am running the latest version of David's builds - r13342

I have tried re-flashing while keeping my settings to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

What did you flash from? And what did you flash with? .bin or .img?

Hi david,

I've been using your builds for some time now and have had several upgrades to newer builds. I have been using the sysupgrade.bin files to upgrade my router.

PS thats for your work in creating these great builds and supporting these routers :+1:

Wait a moment... What kind of problems with cable do you have?
I use wired network hard as well as wireless, no issues - stable 120 MBps.
What kind of clients do you have?

Filesystem and/or opkg damaged.

I have this kind of effects then upgrade from kernel 4 to 5 keeping configuration (die to different flash mapping settings), or if some installed package mess with access rights.

How did you fix it?

maybe you want to try flashing the router with the .img image instead this time round and see what happens? oh and also to make sure that you don't keep the configuration of the router when upgrading. See if it helps!

The only difference between the.img and the.bin files is the extra headers in the.img file in order to be recognized as a valid firmware. System halt / misbehaving is due to incorrect configuration being ported over when flashing.

nitroshift

1 Like

Flash firmware again and don't keep configuration.
Do not restore it from backup either.
You should modify backup tar first (remove some files), see my message above in this thread, or set it up again from scratch.

6 Likes

Yes you can use windows to build images. It's very easy to setup and as an example, Ubuntu is opened just like an app with a terminal unless one installs a GUI.

Lol I wish but never gonna happen. Open sourcing the drivers would be one thing but even mwlwifi has been dead for over a year, I'd be happy if they just worked on that again.

They should either release the full driver support after vendor support has been officially discontinued, or mark the product as discontinued and not supported before purchase at every store still selling them. It's a shady business practice to let people fall into that trap.

2 Likes

I have the following issue and took me a while to identify, that the root cause of this is the WRT1200 router and not my modem/ISP as I thought it was.

I have a cable modem which also is a router and to it connected the WRT1200 and behind it my LAN.

So its 192.168.0.1 (cable router) <-> 192.168.0.2 (WAN), 10.0.0.199 (WRT1200) <-> 10.0.0.X (LAN)

The issue now is, that for specific servers on the internet, not all, when I start a single http download from LAN side, the download starts at max speed of 500mbit and then quickly drops to around 60-150mbit.

Then starting the download again it happens again or just starts at very low speed for the entire download.

You can see the issue in this gif:

Behind the cable router directly it doesnt happen.

Anyone maybe have an idea whats might causing this? I thought maybe I had accidentally that hw acceleration offload on but flow_offloading is set to 0.

Is there a known bug with the switch or something which might trigger passthrough to randomly degenerating?

The weird thing is and I have no explanation for it, it doesnt happen with all sources. Some are 100% stable and doesnt cause this to happen.

You can see this happening here:

Try dc build r12230 from Feb. before mwlwifi firmware update. Or latest stable 19.07.4.

Being honest, they still far from Broadcom, which violates GPL, but still continue to use Linux.

... or just copy previous firmware instead of latest - i use this way.

Looks like poor SQM QoS settings at router or cable modem - try to disable any QoS.