Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

How to examine output please.

iirc when enabled it provides some extra output on startup / shutdown; wiki

1 Like

And logread to view it I assume? Sorry for obvious questions, but trying to figure out procd, init scripts, et al.

@anomeome
Got it, TY. It told me what I needed to know.

Hello,

I had an issue that required restoring the factory image to both partitions. However, I have forgotten how to install David's builds onto my WTR1900ACS. Can someone please provide some step by step instructions.

Many thanks in advance.

https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt_ac_series

1 Like

Thanks Koldur

[RFC PATCH] Introduce UCI support for configuring DSA VLAN filter rules
Link: http://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2020-July/029955.html
This new dsaconfig binary should be beneficial.

2 Likes

Does this mean that we could configure DSA via Luci? That would definitely help a lot of people with switch to DSA!

At this moment, no - but it's one rather low-level precondition[0] for making that possible in the future.

--
[0] it teaches uci about a configuration schema, syntax and semantics for defining DSA setups (and the glue code to allow testing/ using it for simple setups). Next stop, netifd integration, only then you could look towards luci.

1 Like

How does one download this patch, as I am trying a compile again tonight.

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/patch/20200707201035.751527-2-jo@mein.io/

1 Like

Use the mbox button to download from the V2 link above; mailbox format, so it can be applied either by patch -p1 < patch , or git am.

1 Like

Thanks bud downloaded and patched in, now its coffee and sit back to see if my system compiles!

hi there Davidc502. thanks for the solid build. running latest build on a wrt1200ac without issues. i have a small request if it is not too much of your time. could you please add the wifi schedule package for future builds? do you think it can be installed via ssh as ipk manually? thanks for your time and again excellent work.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion.. Due to tight space I can't just add additional packages.

Right now, there is no time scheduled for the next build. This is just in a holding pattern because the next build will soft brick everyone who has not already converted to DSA.

Just recently I upgraded my Linux box by building from scratch, and currently doesn't have the packages it needs to compile an image.

thanks for the reply. i found the installation package via software and installed it. i didn't mean to give you extra work. i guess one can install it via software if needed.

what is DSA? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

DSA = Distributed Switch Architecture

nitroshift

1 Like

Hi David, I don’t know whether you compile/build from source, or imagebuilder, (I haven’t taken a good look at either method other than to verify my Linux boxes have the proper build tools and a cursory look at imagebuilder). One question that has bugged me since I started using dnscrypt-proxy2 is why a compressible binary as large as it is is not compressed in the opkg repositories or your build.

At ~8MB it compresses down to ~1.8MB and runs just fine in compressed form.

On the face of it, it seems logical to think that compression would open up more space.

Updated to the latest build last night and resetup dnscrypt-proxy, was pulling my hair out today trying to figure out why my torrents weren't working.

The default blacklist for dns queries now blocks "tracker.*" dns requests

1 Like