Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Hi,

I just installed the new sysupgrade firmware version on my wrt1900acv2, and it now reports the version as: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r13342-e35e40ad82, which is as expected.

The previous firmware used the wifi driver 10.3.8.0-20181210 (as reported by 'cat /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/mwlwifi/info'), and for some reason my updated firmware reports the same. Is there something i need to do to enable the new wifi driver 10.3.8.0-20200416?

The version is just incorrectly reported. That is the latest driver.

Ok, thanks. Keep up the great work! I really like the build.

Well, I finally got fed up of the wifi on my WRT32X and bought a set of TP-Link M5 mesh APs today (cheap from Currys in the UK at the moment: £150 for three units). They're running in AP mode with the radios on the WRT32X turned off and I have to say it's the best the Internet connection has ever been in the house. I only wish I'd been able to afford the M9s, but the M5s are performing extremely well alongside what is now a purely routing OpenWrt box.

In AP mode the WRT32X is still handling routing, firewall, adblock, DNS, IPv6 tunnel, DynDNS, etc. while the M5s are meshed as a single manageable wifi network across three APs. My only complaint is no SNMP access to monitor them in any useful manner. At least each unit has an individual IP I can ping from librenms to check they're alive.

Good decision! I want to do something similar in the future.

Hello,

Is the oisd_nl blocklist too large to run on our devices? I'm guessing it is since it hits over 1 mil domains I think, and my device will not pull the list if selected.

I have also recently noticed that the adblock package does not start with a WAN trigger on my end(could be that I haven't done a fresh install in a long time) and I have just been manually refreshing after a reboot.

Not sure if it's a typo on https://dc502wrt.org/ but the latest firmware (caimen) shows as kernel 5.4.42 on my install, while the website says 5.4.41

Good point, thank you!
I'm disable init.d script and add command to startup instead, but will be glad to return back to init.d one.

actually all UI skins constantly drop this error

Session expired

A new login is required since the authentication session expired.

I bought two 2nd hand TP-link Archer C7s for a few bugs. Flashed them with OpenWRT and set them up as APs. This gives higher speeds than when connected to the WRT3200ACM somehow :confused:

There are two posts above mentioning upgrading to multiple wifi APs. Hardware platform performance aside, having multiple APs will yield more performance just because there are less physical objects between you and the nearest AP. I just want to be fair here. This platform doesn't have the highest wifi performance, but it's still faster than the best AP 4 walls 1 floor and 1 fridge away.

This is true, but even when comparing the performance at the same distance from the device the AP performs better.

1 Like

Hi all,

I am trying to replicate my former vlan(!) swconfig and set up the new DSA switch config using the latest 5.4.4x, r13499 for my wrt3200acm, but w/o any success :frowning: to date.

I have to set up four different bridges br-lan (vlan1), br-Media (vlan10), br-DMZ (vlan20) all connected via port lan1 and br-wan. My best guess combination will be:

config interface 'lan'
option type 'bridge'
option ifname 'lan1.1 lan2 lan3 lan4'
config interface 'wan'
option ifname 'wan'
option type 'bridge'
option proto 'dhcp'

config interface 'Media'
option type 'bridge'
option ifname 'lan1.10'

config interface 'DMZ'
option type 'bridge'
option ifname 'lan1.20'

The kernel was compiled based on David's config (@davidc502 many thnx for all of your efforts!) including the option "CONFIG_BRIDGE_VLAN_FILTERING".

I have to include the activation for VLAN filtering during startup (rc.local):

ip link set dev br-lan type bridge vlan_filtering 1
ip link set dev br-Media type bridge vlan_filtering 1
ip link set dev br-DMZ type bridge vlan_filtering 1
ip link set dev br-wan type bridge vlan_filtering 1

Internet (via wlan on vlan1) and br-wan is working, but no connection from/to any other devices via port lan1 vlan1/10/20.

"bridge vlan add dev lan1 vid 1 master" wil not work due to the absence of dev lan1.

Any ideas and/or help is highly appreciated.

@anomeome:
Do you still see any chance to go back to the former swconfig configuration for the switch real soon? I will be happy to redo everythig.. :wink:

@shm0 - thnx for the inital entry point!
The normal configuration (w/o vlan) will work w/o any hiccups:

config interface 'lan'
option ifname 'lan1 lan2 lan3 lan4'

config interface 'wan'
option ifname 'wan'

The individual that opened PR3074 has since closed it after some pointed out that a conversion script was unlikely; good thing imo, the road is forward with DSA. There are hints to be found in some DSA threads here, and in the two DSA PRs PR2935, PR2942, and of course WebCrawler

Hi,

I have a HP Deskjet 1050 connected to my 3200ACM using p910nd...After a bit it goes into a low power mode and then eventually off altogether.

Sometimes when it is in low power mode doing a print job (using CUPs on laptop) it will wake the printer and the job will print, other times it won't and you have to turn the printer on and off again.

Is there anyway to prevent it from going into low power mode...and disconnecting.

Many thanks in advance

I tried upgrading to the latest snapshot (with the switch changes), and imported the configurations where I manually changed all interfaces from Eth0, Eth1... etc to WAN, LAN1, LAN2 etc. The import failed. I'm wondering if there isn't a checksum failing or something not matching after I make the changes to the exported backup.

Not in my experience, I just edited things into

/etc/config/network
/etc/config/system
/etc/firewall.user

and imported. I'm not sure if the mvebu: rename commits from 2 days back changed anything (doubtful).

You must have a big house with a lot of dead spots then. I really don't understand all the negativity with mwlwifi. I realize it's a dead project now and doesn't support Mesh or MU-MIMO, but if you don't need that it means nothing. For me the WRT32X has been flawless lately, stable, very fast, perfect uptime on kernel 5.4. Wifi speed and reliability has even been excellent for me. I've had zero issues.

If I was to get an AP it would only be because of range issues in a larger house, and I would be going Wi-Fi 6 and WPA3 or whatever the latest is out that blows away current tech in connectivity, latency, etc. For now this is a very solid router, maybe even the best OpenWrt all in one device there is now.

1 Like

Is Upnp turned on by default with this firmware, Thanks in advance.

Will answer my post.

on: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r12833-02640f0147 slow internet port speeds max 600 Mbps

on: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r13342-e35e40ad82 arround 890 Mbps

not sure what has changed, but difference is noticeable.