Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Dear Dave,
Hello and I hope that you are well.Since so many folks here seem hell bent on getting DNSCRYPT v2 set up on their routers - I would be willing to write up a step by step tutorial and post it in the general forums if you wish. Then you could post a link to it somewhere on your web page or here in this thread. I do not currently use DNSCRYPT; I use DOT - stubby getdns and unbound. But, I am a retired English Teacher and have written many guides across forums here and for others distributions - regarding OpenVPN WireGuard - DOT - Let's Encrypt and so on. I am confident that I can convey the information in a manner that will get across to the masses successfully. So, if you approve / wish for me to undertake this task - I would be more than willing to take a crack at it. Naturally - you can review - edit the dnscrypt v2 guide before it goes live. BTW- I used dnscrypt for years prior to transitioning over to DOT - actually, I was a pioneer in putting together DOT for OpenWRT ( along with iamperson347 aka David Mora ) before pushing through DNS OVER TLS for pfsense and OPNsense in collaboration with FreeBSD maintainer Ryan Steinmetz aka zi. So, I am awaiting your response.
Peace

3 Likes

If your desktop is Windows 10, you have to go into Windows control panels, programs and features, Windows components, and enable SMB V1/2 client support (menu names vary between regions and windows version, doing my best to explain without googling exact syntax but should point you in the right direction).

Hi all,

I am booting for r12394 and sometimes 5G wifi not working. it still worked before booting and i didn't touch the settings.
I have experienced this phenomenon in several cases
then after a long minutes 5G appears and you can either join it or tell M$ not to.
I have experienced this phenomenon in several cases

Why disabled ???

WRT3200 5G wifi

br,
zacci

Dear Dave,

Congratulations! You did a nice job! The system works nicely anyway! :slightly_smiling_face:

have a nice day!

br,
zacci

There is a Wifi DFS channel that has been selected -- Is why Wifi isn't coming up right away. It has to listen for Radar before bringing the channel up as per regulations.

Hi Dave,

I understand. Thank you for information! :slightly_smiling_face:
How to get best performane the 5G wifi network ? Currently very slow :confused:

Br,
Zacci

Any suggestions for troubleshooting an increase in memory used? I'm running a 1900ac v1 with sqm qos and nextdns and nothing else really special. Before i flashed the test build with kernel 5.4, my memory used had crept up to 82%, then after the flash it went down to mid 50ish, and now has gone up to 67% in a little over a day. I haven't tried resetting to default, but thought there might be an issue with a build up of logs or something.

Are you running out of ram if the router is left on for an extender period of time?

I have the 3200acm like yourself and my 5Ghz Wifi, I typically get 450mbps down and 300+mbps up. For a while there I was only getting around 250mbps down, but with the latest test kernel, the throughput has gone back up.
I would do speed tests from several different devices to see if it is consistent. Also, download and install a wifi analyzer app for your phone and see if the band is crowded. Look at the wifi statistics in LuCi to see how much noise there is.

That's exactly what seems to be happening. After a reboot, i'm back down to 51% used.

So, what happens when 100% of the RAM is used? Are there any errors in the logs?

Hi David, do you know what i can type into SSH it get an official WRT32x firmware back on my partition 2? I tried following Solidus 1983 help but it hasn't loaded up after install, I did get an initial setup page but then the wifi setting up didn't work so i was stuck on the page telling me to setup wifi password and then when I did it was stuck and no new wifi came up, then it just stopped responding. tried to reset and and restart but no luck on that partition luckily ssh was still working so I booted up into P1 where I have OpenWRT.

Thank you in advance.

https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/linksys_wrt32x

Go to return to stock and there is the way to do it.

1 Like

HI, Dave,

Unfortunately, I don't know at this time what channels the WiFi module firmware supports.
Therefore, I set it to automatic and then set the received channel to fixed.
The 5GHz band up from channel 100 is clear, so I wanted to put it there.
This is what the config looks like now:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
option type 'mac80211'
option hwmode '11a'
option path 'soc/soc:pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0'
option htmode 'VHT80'
option country 'HU'
option channel '149'

And here is a screenshot of the channel:
Analyzer
Analyzer2

And LuCi stat:
LuCi stat

-59 / -97 dBm
Mode: Master | SSID: Linksys5G
BSSID: 60:38:E0:BE:1D:5A
Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Channel: 149 (5.745 GHz)
Tx-Power: 13 dBm
Signal: -59 dBm | Noise: -97 dBm
Bitrate: 6.0 Mbit/s | Country: 98

Can the problem be that 2.4 and 5Ghz are different in the country code?

Currently measured maximum speed (ISP 1Gbps / 300Mbps): 260/200
Wired network : 760/320

br,
zacci

Hi @directnupe

Is there an updated version on how to setup with kernel 5,4, now that it has its own module in kernel?

Hi, iw phy0 info command shows available channels. IIRC, country might be locked by firmware, i.e. my WRT1200 is USA locked.

Dear onja,

thank you for information!

br,
zacci

Hi,

I have the 3200acm with your last stable build (April 26th) and would like to know if I update with your new one here, new kernel, I can keep my setting?, I dont need to reset?

Thanks

@PerkelSimon

Keep your settings.

Thanks mate, I will give it a go over the weekend.
I understand that the 32x venom firmware Killer Prioritization Engin runs differently to OpenWRT sqm/qos

Is there any way to have a port of Killer Prioritization Engin into Openwrt as a software to download?