Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Was hoping it's already fixed.
Okay, will wait when someone able to fix it, since I have no expertise

That resolved my issue - after doing the wifi config it created two default radios - I was then able to modify them back to original using luci. Thank you

1 Like

Edit: there were some errors in my original post which have been corrected

I had problems, again, with my fresh Openwrt install in that I was getting IPV6 errors when I tested with https://test-ipv6.com/ after installing dnscrypt-proxy2. To test if it was dnscrypt-proxy2 causing issues I removed the DNS forwardings (127.0.0.1#5353) from Network-DHCP and DNS. Testing IPV6 again worked with no errors reported. I concluded that dnscrypt-proxy needed to be enabled for IPV6.

Note: Be sure you have a working IPV6 before making these changes!

Note: By default fallback_resolver = is set to Cloudflare, 1.1.1.1. Makes sense to use another domain for fallback like Google 8.8.8.8.

Edit /etc/config/dnscrypt-proxy.toml with the following changes:

server_names = ['cloudflare', 'cloudflare-ipv6']

listen_addresses = ['127.0.0.1:5353', '[::1]:5353']

ipv6_servers = true

fallback_resolver = '8.8.8.8:53'

block_ipv6 = false

Save the changes and in a terminal run:

/etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy restart

Next go to Network-DHCP and DNS-DNS forwardings and enter:

127.0.0.1#5353
::1#5353

Note: ::1 is the IPV6 loopback address which is comparable to 127.0.0.1 for IPV4.

Click Save and Apply. IPV6 should now test out OK.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me whether I can use the adblock package with dnscrypt-proxy2?

I can tell you that dnscrypt-proxy v1 works fine together with adblock so i guess v2 will not have a problem either...

Am using Adblock with dnscrypt-proxy v2 and seems to be working.

Guys... reporting an issue with the alternative partition function.
Error message received when executing "Reboot Device to an Alternative Partition" in LUCI:

Failed to execute call dispatcher target for entry '/admin/system/advanced_reboot/alternative_reboot'. The called action terminated with an exception: /usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/advanced_reboot.lua:124: attempt to concatenate global 'errorMessage' (a nil value) stack traceback: /usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/advanced_reboot.lua:124: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/advanced_reboot.lua:97> (tail call): ?

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Flash a Linksys WRT3200ACM-RM2 back to stock firmware ver. 1.0.6.186168
  2. Install LEDE/OPENWRT Rango WRT3200ACM release 2018-07-29 -> Partition 1 has LEDE, Partition 2 has Linksys
  3. Boot from partition 1 and install LEDE/OPENWRT Rango wrt3200ACM release 2018-07-29 -> Both partitions have LEDE now
  4. When executing "Reboot Device to an Alternative Partition" in LUCI, on any of the 2 partition, error message will be generated

Interesting detail:
On another WRT3200ACM-RM2, both partitions have been upgraded to same LEDE/OPENWRT Rango WRT3200ACM release 2018-07-29 from older releases of the same distribution. Release 2018-07-29 allows to reboot to the alternate partition.

Is there another forum where I should post this issue? Thanks!

Knowing next to nothing about OpenWrt and having just jumped to Davidc's build from dd-wrt and reading pretty much just this thread - what is the best resource for learning the basics of OpenWrt? Is it https://openwrt.org/docs/start? Is that page up to date? Thanks!

bbunge,
I've been using dnscrypt-proxy v2 with both cloudflare and cloudflare-ipv6 servers for a while and I see from the dnscrypt-proxy.log file that it connects to both and chooses the one with lowest latency. However, although I had ipv6_servers set to true, I didn't have the ipv6 loopback adress set. When I did as you suggest I get the following error in the log file:
[2018-08-08 22:44:13] [FATAL] address ::1:5353: too many colons in address

If I expand the address out to the full ipv6 address I get the same error:
[2018-08-08 23:03:01] [FATAL] address 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1: too many colons in address

My Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 clearly has a IPV6 address from my ISP (Spectrum) that I can see through LuCi. Oddly, a couple of months ago my clients such as an Xbox and my iMac had lan ipv6 addresses given by the router but they no longer seem to have ipv6 addresses anymore. When I run https://test-ipv6.com I get "No ipv6 address detected" and "Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access." Any idea what setting I may have to investigate to resolve this?

From the documentation at https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/blob/master/dnscrypt-proxy/example-dnscrypt-proxy.toml, the correct format is:

listen_addresses = ['127.0.0.1:53', '[::1]:53']

(You'll need to change the port from 53 to 5353, though)

This is general for representation of IPv6 addresses, putting them inside square brackets.

Tested and is working for me.

Addng the square brackets [::1] did not work for me. Ipv6 quit working.

Thank you, that worked for me. However, I do still have the other issue described in my post: My Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 clearly has a IPV6 address from my ISP (Spectrum) that I can see through LuCi. Oddly, a couple of months ago my clients such as an Xbox and my iMac had lan ipv6 addresses given by the router but they no longer seem to have ipv6 addresses anymore. When I run https://test-ipv6.com 2 I get "No ipv6 address detected" and "Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access." Any idea what setting I may have to investigate to resolve this?

When can we expect a newer build of David’s release? I’d like to be on the final (18.06) if possible.

OK, Thanks to WiteWulf and bbunge I have dnscrypt-proxy V2 configured for ipv6 and cloudflare. However, I have the same issue as slim:
No IPv6 address detected.
You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.
Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

I had this initially, all the machines on my LAN lost their IPv6 addresses. I fixed it but I'm ashamed to say I don't know how!

FYI, I didn't use David's script to install dnscrypt, I followed the installation steps here as I wanted to understand what it was doing (I have some stuff in dnsmasq that blocks AAAA records for Netflix to keep it working with IPv6 enabled and wanted to make sure that still worked).

Once I'd followed those steps I then edited /etc/config/dnscrypt-proxy.toml and made the following changes:

• server_names = ['cloudflare','cloudflare-ipv6']
  • listen_addresses = ['127.0.0.1:5353', '[::1]:5353']
  • ipv6_servers = true
  • block_ipv6 = false

Lastly, I changed dnsmasq's forwarding resolvers to include '::1#5353' as well, to keep as much IPv6 available as possible.

That's working for me at the moment. I think what may have happened was that some typo crept into the dnsmasq configuration and broke DHCPv6. My router retained it's IPv6 address (which is manually configured, as it's on he.net tunnel) but all the clients then failed to get their dynamic addresses.

1 Like

The dns forward resolver address should be ::1#5353

1 Like

Ah, I'm such a "noob." I had block_ipv6 set to true in my toml file. Once I set it properly my ipv6 addresses came back to my lan devices. And for what it's worth, dnsmasq forwaring resolvers include ::1#5353.... in your response you gave the syntax for the toml file.

Thank you for the pointer!

1 Like

Ta, fixed my post!

I can,t speak for David, but his builds are from the trunk so they are ahead of the official builds. New builds are released when new commits are made that would result with a benefit for the effort a new build.

1 Like

I think there is gonna be a fresh build from david when 18.06.1 will be released...