Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Yes, this is generally the case, + the additional tweaks, latest wifi drivers, etc...

Lately, I've been uploading them to the server on a frequency of 2 weeks, so we should be due for an update this weekend.

1 Like

Well, looks like we've gotten the dnscrypt-proxy v2 IPV6 resolved! I went back and fixed my original post. Thanks folks!!!

1 Like

Great! I just wanted version that was built after the final but I suppose it doesn't really matter. thank you!

Ha! Same mistake here. Thanks WiteWulf.

Wanted to pop in and say thanks David, just discovered OpenWRT recently after screwing around with various builds of DDWRT on my WRT3200ACM. This seems so much more put together than DDWRT for this model, I was always on edge because those releases were hit or miss. Happy and stable on your builds now for the past week so I'll be following this thread from now on.

2 Likes

This new build may be delayed due to base-files failing to compile. I've reached out, and am awaiting a response.

It appears base-files is the base file system for OpenWrt/LEDE.

If ucert issue, you can apply the patch mentioned in that FS.

1 Like

That is the issue... hynman directed me to the patch and I've already downloaded it.

Thanks to both of you.

just installed r7581 davidc502 build's on the WRT3200ACM. (instead of the 18.06 release)
So far stable.

*Nicely, the WAN LED can now blink amber, with a simple LUCI setting !

*Wifi throughput looks identical to previous build (r6952) for the 5ghz radio @ 80Mhz
Though the 5ghz led blinks all the time. I have no wireshark tool though.
I have not tested again 160Mhz, as my previous extended testing proves that during the day, in my location, DFS triggered channel "deactivation".

*I just found Softether VPN : seems way more versatile than OpenVPN. Is it reliable & secure enough ?

*I'm concerned with the heat generated by devices during htis summer. WRT3200 temp feels OK. But if the Marvell cpu_idle feature could be integrated, that would be a small improvment (if I understood well, potential ide gain of -0.4W on 4W).

Back to basics, the LUCI System\MountPoint does not support ntfs-3g ; indeed, the ntfs module of the kernel takes precedence and mounts volumes as read only, still in 2018.
I tuned a small script, available on openwrt.org, to automount NTFS USB3 drives to /mnt/sda
FAT not tested though, and the script could be improved.
i/o perf are approx 15-20MBps in write and 40MBps in read, through samba, with an almost full 2.5" HDD.
It requires opkg update && opkg install fdisk,
and mkdir /home && mkdir /home/paul && touch /home/paul/test file
Despite the root only nature of LEDE/OpenWRT, I added a user :
UserID 501 must match the one in /etc/passwd for user paul
GroupID 100 match the default "users" group of LEDE/OpenWRT
mask is 007 corresponds to 770 permissions (rwx for the user paul and the group users ; no rights for others)

Here it is :

#!/bin/sh
# Copyright (C) 2011 OpenWrt.org
sleep 10 #more apps installed, need more time to load kernel modules!
blkdev=`dirname $DEVPATH`
if [ `basename $blkdev` != "mtd*" ]; then
        device=`basename $DEVPATH`
        case "$ACTION" in
                add)
                        #mkdir -p /mnt/$device
                        echo "hotplugdebug date:$(date) device:$device" >> /home/paul/test
                        echo "$blkdev" >> /home/paul/test
                        # vfat & ntfs-3g check
                        if [ `which fdisk` ]; then
                                isntfs=`fdisk -l | grep $device | grep NTFS`
                                isvfat=`fdisk -l | grep $device | grep FAT`
                                isfuse=`lsmod | grep fuse`
                                isntfs3g=`which ntfs-3g`
                        else
                                isntfs=""
                                isvfat=""
                        fi
                        echo "isntfs:$isntfs" >> /home/paul/test
                        echo "isfuse:$isfuse" >> /home/paul/test
                        echo "isntfs3g:$isntfs3g" >> /home/paul/test

# mount with ntfs-3g if possible, else with default mount
                        if [ "$isntfs" -a "$isfuse" -a "$isntfs3g" ]; then
                                mkdir -p /mnt/$device
                                var=$(mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/$device /mnt/$device -o windows_names,big_writes,uid=501,gid=100,fmask=007,dmask=007,umask=007)
                                echo "mountresult $(var)" >> /home/paul/test

elif [ "$isvfat" ]; then
                                mkdir -p /mnt/$device
                                mount -o iocharset=utf8 /dev/$device /mnt/$device

#else
                                #mount /dev/$device /mnt/$device
                        fi
                ;;
                remove)
                        umount -l /dev/$device
                ;;
        esac
fi
2 Likes

Thanks for your build by the way!

1 Like

Uploaded build r7829 to the server and is ready for download.

Kernel bump from 4.14.54 to 4.14.62
I used a patched Makefile for base-files. Info above listed by @anomeome

Darkmatter still isn't fixed as there are no new commits.

EDIT -- Looks like Samba4 is available, however luci-app-samba4 was unchecked and therefore didn't build. Right now anyone can download it from the daily snapshots. I downloaded it and if in the next couple of weeks someone needs it, I can upload it to the site. It is checked in .config, and saved, so it will be complete in the next build.

1 Like

Thanks David. r7829 works well for my WRT1900ACS V2. My OpenVPN client is happy, VPN Policy Based routing works, dnscrypt-proxy v2 is good, samba share works, and custom firewall rules do the right thing.

Hi guys,

I need a little help, someone in my WRT3200ACMv1, could explain the reason for the drops seen in the monitor DNS server of the ping graph?

wrt3200PING
Provedor%20help

using the Davis version r7581 and with dnscrypt-proxy v2, but I have the same version running on my wrt1900ACS2, and another IPS and I do not have this type of problems, only that in this ISP the IPV6 is provided, already in my house I have the problem the ISP does not IPV6, can this be? if yes, how to disable IPV6 completely?

tanks,

What do you have in hdparm? Wireless or wired connection?

If not wireless, it's a bit slow for USB3, i have better at 1900AC, but don't test it in 3200 for now.
In fact, for HDD, you can always use eSATA - it works much better.

hi my friend
i'm new user of your firmware and i want to add ftp to luci-gui and i cant find anything may you help me please

I'm sorry but luci-app-ftp doesn't seem to exist.

root@lede:~# opkg update
root@lede:~# opkg list |grep luci-app-ftp

I also checked the daily snapshots, and doesn't exist there either -- https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/luci/

There's no GUI, but you can install vsftpd, it takes little /no configuration to get it up and running. Just install it and you should be able to connect via the lan.

So what can i do i have wrt32x and i want ftp server can you help me with that?

As @jlindstrom recommended, vsftpd will be your best option.

root@lede:~# opkg list |grep vsftpd
vsftpd - 3.0.3-2 - Fast and secure FTP server

You can also install vsftpd via LuCi Gui as well.

Small article to get you up and running -- https://mihail.stoynov.com/2014/11/22/openwrt-ftp-installation-and-configuration-vsftpd/

SAMBA 4 Testing with ext4 formatted USB. Since we've been on Samba36 for a while, I thought it might be a good opportunity to test the new Samba4.

There is no change uploading speed from a Windows Workstation = 5MB/s

I'll test with NTFS next.

Samba Configuration

netbios name = |NAME| 
	display charset = |CHARSET|
	interfaces = |INTERFACES|
	server string = |DESCRIPTION|
	unix charset = |CHARSET|
	workgroup = |WORKGROUP|
	bind interfaces only = yes
	deadtime = 30
	enable core files = no