Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

I had tried many wifi dongles on WRT3200, WRT32X, WRT1900ACS , with the one I had better success is netgear a6210 (mt76x2u), I currently using it as it provide WP3 and AC support and stability.

1 Like

is it possible that I want to use the dongle to make OLSR mesh in openwrt?
I have several WRT1900 and WRT3200. If it possible i would like to install the wifi dongle that can support adhoc/802.11s/p2p/any on all router and then make OLSR mesh.

Love the Clearfog-pro Switch-On-Chip products. However a bit overkill and pricey for most people. Any recommendations in the ~$100 range?

Just something in the Linksys ac series, and if you have high wifi demands a separate AP hooked in via ethernet.

Can someone give me a hint why my cron job to perform a fan check keeps failing in my syslog output? It seems to run via putty, but when it's scheduled it fails.

Command line from LUCI:
*/10 * * * * /sbin/fan_ctrl.sh

Syslog output:
2019-12-18
14:10:00
Error
routername.xxx.xxx
crond
USER root pid 5899 cmd /sbin/fan_ctrl.sh

Don't know where to start... But since it hasn't been failing for probably well over a year, I might just remove the job.

//Brew

might be of interest

Thanks! I'll set it up. I guess the only way to know if it actually works is to listen for the fan when/if the unit gets hot?

That procd process is configured to run the fan at 50% continuously, and step up under load, you probably won't hear it, but might be able to feel a wee bit of hot air emitting; you can change it to off as per the comment.

I actually read the script and easily mod'd it to run the fan at HI no matter what the temp reading was. I stopped/started the proc and could hear the fan jack right up so I knew it was working. I then pulled some temp readings with cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/temp2_input and saw the temps dropping.

Put the script back to normal, and restarted the proc again.

Last question, when I do my next sysupgrade, will this configuration remain?

This is an awesome script, thanks so much!

//Brew

You will lose them on an upgrade, but would be interesting to see if you could keep them with the appropriate mods to file:

/etc/sysupgrade.conf

besides the entries below, do I need anything else?

/etc/init.d/fan_control
/usr/sbin/fan_monitor

Hi there has been a change to LUCI which has brought a bug of Missing Icons in the Nav Menu on the opentomato theme, this is a known issue and i am currently working on try to fix it, although at a loss as the .css hasn't been changed.

The only changes that effect the theme have been to the LUCI files footer.htm, header.htm and scripts.js .

However the theme still works, just means there will be a few glitches here and there, if you find one, please could you let me know on my github and if possible could you please screenshot the issue as well and attach it.

Git Page for the theme: https://github.com/solidus1983/luci-theme-opentomato

1 Like

Hi @davidc502! Is there any reason for building against latest git? Wouldn't stable be preferred, especially since the firmware is targeted at beginners? I haven't had any major issues but still it's a thought.

1 Like

These builds are bleeding edge except for wifi which hasn't changed in a year. At times it can be problematic, but I try to test out the build for 24 hours to help ensure there aren't any show stoppers.
I do appreciate the thought, but really this is where we want to be, otherwise the obvious choice is "Stable Release Builds".

David

2 Likes

Hi @davidc502. First off, thank you for all of your dedication & endeavors to support our devices!
Now, I've identified a bug affecting my device since build r11086 where all my outbound HTTP shows "Connection reset by peer" and my browser displays "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" from all of my devices. This is affecting my WRT1900ACSV1 device, and I've gone down the line of firmware snapshots and confirmed that this bug was introduced in build r11086 and it continues up to the current build r11398. The SHA256sums all match up for every build I've tried. This does not affect internal LAN communication- only external sites.

root@OpenWrt:~# ping 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=0 ttl=55 time=3.144 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=1 ttl=55 time=2.977 ms
^C

root@OpenWrt:~# curl www.google.com
curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

To fix the issue I am able to flash the r10899 sysupgrade image, or any earlier build, (must de-select "Keep settings") and then I am able to browse/curl again.

Hopefully this can be fixed! I would really love to upgrade to the current build : ) Happy to file a bug on OpenWRT GitHub if you think it might be in their ballpark instead. Thanks again!

Good information @skupjoe

Question, can you open a 2nd command line and run tcpdump whilst doing a curl? It is easier if you can find a site that only has one IP address. Specifically, you can write to /tmp and save it off somewhere.
example: tcpdump -nni eith0 host "ip" -w /tmp/mypcap.pcap

Also, to file a bug report -> https://openwrt.org/bugs

Thanks,

David

2 Likes

Right, does the OpenWRT bug reports include issues caused by Luci? As I have tried everything to fix the icon issue and noticed issues with it's show glitches in route. Even did a new compile last night/early hours and had the same issue (on a clean git pull too).

LuCI issues

2 Likes

I have a very specific issue here I'm wondering if anyone has expeienced a similar issue. It's regarding Virgin Media's Super Hub (2 and 3).

I've been using the Super Hub 2 for a long time in modem mode with a WRT32X. No issues whatsoever. Recently upgraded to a Super Hub 3, kept the WRT32X settings as they shouldn't need to change. Everything looked fine at first but I noticed the connection would throttle itself extremely during load. I can reproduce by say downloading large files through a download manager, say 16 connections per download, 3 downloads, I would see 70MBps download drop to 500KBps or less, which made even browsing almost unbearable at the same time. If I close 2 of them, it jumps back up to max speed instantly.

I've also tried running the WRT32 with stock settings.

Now this is where it gets confusing...

If I connect a PC directly to the Super Hub 3 in modem mode, there's no issue.
If I connect the WRT32X to the Super Hub 3 which is in router modem, there's no issue.

Right now I'm using the Super Hub 3 in router mode, with WiFi off, but still would rather have it in modem mode so I can let the WRT32X handle everything. Can anyone explain this and possibily give a solution (looking at you @ davidc502) :slight_smile:

Just some quick reading shows Hub 3 isn't capable of bridge mode. Did you happen to see this resource? > https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057805945

Also, did you try running the 32x with the factory firmware to see if it has the same issue?