Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Give a try and see how people comment. Let those creative juices flow.

3 Likes

@solidus1983, @davidc502:
the atmaterial theme is excellent. it correctly displays changes when different time period s are seleected in the nlbwmon app (which neither rosy nor the default theme did)
thank you both. fantastic.

Enjoying the atmaterial theme myself. It is s great addition and option to an already great build. Thank you guys.

Hi. I just installed the firmware. Very impressive. Just a few questions. I have sqm and QOS. Do I need to have both on or can i just use sqm and its fine? My other question is, I have an WRT1900ACSv2 and your latest build from 2019-05-12 08:54, is the latest wifi drivers installed or do I need to download it? I tried yesterday to enter the download link for the wifi drivers but It didn't work. Something went wrong. Can you link me the drivers for WRT1900ACSv2? I have pretty weak wifi signal. Around 70-80ish.

@lajkasir

I'm not at sqm or qos user, but I have heard conflicting information about if they should be run together or not. My suggesting would be to find out what works best for you.

As to the wifi driver, yes it is the latest wifi driver. Keep in mind, there hasn't been any changes to the driver for months, and at this point we will not see any changes "officially" unless there is a major bug.

Thanks,

David

@lajkasir
I would suggest that you try SQM first and see if it works fine for ya.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/traffic-shaping/sqm-details

@davidc502
I'm still on r9287... :sweat_smile: Do you think it's a good time to upgrade to the latest build (r9987)?

it is up to you. If working well then you might stay there a bit longer. I'm going to put new images out tomorrow or Sunday, so you might wait until then too.

2 Likes

@davidc502 could you add devel to the atmaterial.git part of your feeds please. Will be placing OpenWRT logo in branding section.

Shouldn't be a problem. What is your feed going to be for devel?

Hey @davidc502,

Does that mean that everyone with a WRT3200ACM disconnects? Or just me?

Thanks for the atmaterial theme, very nice.
But there is one small "bug".
When accessing the webui on a mobile device,
the device name in the top left corner doesn't fit in the blue box/field and part of the name will be displayed right under the blue box, so its gets displayed in the menu pane.

I'm not having issues with disconnects on my 3200acm (actually rock solid on 5Ghz), but that doesn't mean no one else is. I haven't been keeping close tabs, but there has been minimal comments of disconnects for the model. The only exception is at times where someone poisons the "well", and puts ideas in peoples heads and then they think they have issues that really don't exist except in an academic or non issue kind of way lol. However, after a short period of time people move on when they realize it.
My recommendation to people experiencing issues would be to just buy a wifi AP, and connect it to OpenWrt because the router firmware alone is worth it.

Hello guys:)
May you advice me is it any difference between 3200acm and WRT32X ?
Second "gaming" router is way cheaper now, and how i seen hardware is the same basically
But i am not sure about DDWRT from David :slight_smile:
Please advice, and thank you

The hardware is identical, the flash partitioning differs. This means they do need dedicated firmware images each, but when running OpenWrt, the features are identical. Take whatever is cheaper/ whatever colour scheme you prefer.

1 Like

@lajkasir

Enable only SQM or QOS, never both!
I suggest starting with SQM and only switch to QOS, if SQM doesn't work for you.

Adri.

2 Likes

No disconnects here with the WRT3200ACM. Rock solid for about a year and a half so far.

I’ve been having horrible wifi issues on my 1900ACv2 since upgrading to any version built after the 18.6.2 release.

I think my problem relates to these messages in the logs:

“Mac80211 start BA”

And seems to hit my iOS devices the hardest. There’s a bug report on the wifi drivers github but nothing has been done:

Any way to roll back just the driver?

Hi! Installed your firmware on wrt32x. Having huge lag spikes on wifi. Its can lag spike to 100-500 ms. Wrt1900ACSv2 works fine.

May I know what release you are running, @WildByDesign?

I've tried the latest and I've been getting periodic wifi disconnects...

Mine’s not disconnecting but I have huge lag spikes. I’m runing the latest firmware.