Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Because support for generic 5.10 was introduced by someone else and I respect other people's work. I would recommend you do the same and stop trolling.

nitroshift

1 Like

You are being disrespectful here, bringing random stuff that do not have author name. I use the patches that are open to anyone https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/nbd.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master respecting the patch author and the rest are my own work.

OK, apparently some changes with 5.10 that still require some work to get cryptodev-linux to compile successfully. Thanks for the mvebu target patch-set. I suppose this 5.10 conversation deserves a new thread, as we're really OT in this thread.

Edit: removing cryptodev in favour of afalg_sync, wireguard, and netdata allows things to build, but, surprise, surprise:

linksys_wrt1900ac-v1-kernel.bin is too big: 3244599 > 3145728

mamba and venom exceed kernel partition size.

This is true. I started using david's build on a wrt1200ac a while ago because the official OpenWRT build wouldn't work for me at that time! (Who knows why, but it was the case, and I'm glad that he made a stable build that worked.) I'm currently running the 5/24/2020 build. My only worry is that security patches will no longer be a thing for this branch.

I just came back here today to check what the latest was, after running into an issue with a recent Roku software update breaking their ability to connect to my wrt1200ac. A lot of people are having the problem, not just on OpenWRT routers. Fortunately, for us OpenWRT users, there seems to be a workaround: You have to uncheck the setting "allow legacy 802.11b rates" under the 2.4GHz radio advanced settings. Who knows why having this checked breaks Rokus after their recent update, but it does!

1 Like

When I've had that situation here (other devices), I setup the device 1) on a Static IP address / outside the DHCP range, and 2) add the device to Network -> Hostnames, which seems to help.

I'm using @mj82 patches and I was able to make a build for the venom by moving some packages from the kernel to kmod modules, this also may work for the mamba.

openwrt-mvebu$ git diff
diff --git a/target/linux/mvebu/config-5.10 b/target/linux/mvebu/config-5.10
index 1e31d8008a..dc4983659b 100644
--- a/target/linux/mvebu/config-5.10
+++ b/target/linux/mvebu/config-5.10
@@ -1,4 +1,3 @@
-CONFIG_AHCI_MVEBU=y
 CONFIG_ALIGNMENT_TRAP=y
 CONFIG_ARCH_32BIT_OFF_T=y
 CONFIG_ARCH_HIBERNATION_POSSIBLE=y
@@ -46,15 +45,11 @@ CONFIG_ARM_THUMB=y
 CONFIG_ARM_UNWIND=y
 CONFIG_ARM_VIRT_EXT=y
 CONFIG_ASYNC_TX_ENABLE_CHANNEL_SWITCH=y
-CONFIG_ATA=y
 CONFIG_ATAGS=y
-CONFIG_ATA_LEDS=y
 CONFIG_AUTO_ZRELADDR=y
 CONFIG_BINFMT_FLAT_ARGVP_ENVP_ON_STACK=y
 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y
-CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y
 CONFIG_BLK_MQ_PCI=y
-CONFIG_BLK_SCSI_REQUEST=y
 CONFIG_BOUNCE=y
 # CONFIG_CACHE_FEROCEON_L2 is not set
 CONFIG_CACHE_L2X0=y
@@ -157,13 +152,10 @@ CONFIG_DTC=y
 CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y
 CONFIG_EDAC_ATOMIC_SCRUB=y
 CONFIG_EDAC_SUPPORT=y
-CONFIG_EXT4_FS=y
 CONFIG_EXTCON=y
 CONFIG_F2FS_FS=y
 CONFIG_FIXED_PHY=y
 CONFIG_FIX_EARLYCON_MEM=y
-CONFIG_FS_IOMAP=y
-CONFIG_FS_MBCACHE=y
 CONFIG_FW_LOADER_PAGED_BUF=y
 CONFIG_GENERIC_ALLOCATOR=y
 CONFIG_GENERIC_ARCH_TOPOLOGY=y
@@ -206,7 +198,6 @@ CONFIG_HAS_DMA=y
 CONFIG_HAS_IOMEM=y
 CONFIG_HAS_IOPORT_MAP=y
 CONFIG_HAVE_SMP=y
-# CONFIG_HAVE_ARM_ARCH_TIMER is not set
 CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
 # CONFIG_HIGHPTE is not set
 CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU=y
@@ -230,12 +221,10 @@ CONFIG_IRQ_DOMAIN_HIERARCHY=y
 CONFIG_IRQ_FORCED_THREADING=y
 CONFIG_IRQ_WORK=y
 # CONFIG_IWMMXT is not set
-CONFIG_JBD2=y
 CONFIG_LEDS_GPIO=y
 # CONFIG_LEDS_LP50XX is not set
 CONFIG_LEDS_PCA963X=y
 CONFIG_LEDS_TLC591XX=y
-CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_DISK=y
 # CONFIG_LEDS_TURRIS_OMNIA is not set
 CONFIG_LIBFDT=y
 CONFIG_LLD_VERSION=0
@@ -376,12 +365,6 @@ CONFIG_RTC_DRV_MV=y
 CONFIG_RTC_I2C_AND_SPI=y
 CONFIG_RTC_MC146818_LIB=y
 CONFIG_RWSEM_SPIN_ON_OWNER=y
-CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM=y
-CONFIG_SATA_HOST=y
-CONFIG_SATA_MV=y
-CONFIG_SATA_PMP=y
-CONFIG_SCSI=y
-# CONFIG_SENSORS_DRIVETEMP is not set
 # CONFIG_SENSORS_MR75203 is not set
 CONFIG_SENSORS_PWM_FAN=y
 CONFIG_SENSORS_TMP421=y
@@ -393,7 +376,6 @@ CONFIG_SERIAL_MVEBU_CONSOLE=y
 CONFIG_SERIAL_MVEBU_UART=y
 CONFIG_SFP=y
 CONFIG_SGL_ALLOC=y
-CONFIG_SG_POOL=y
 CONFIG_SMP=y
 CONFIG_SMP_ON_UP=y
 CONFIG_SOC_BUS=y
@@ -434,7 +416,6 @@ CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD_ORION=y
 CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD_PLATFORM=y
 CONFIG_USB_LEDS_TRIGGER_USBPORT=y
 CONFIG_USB_PHY=y
-CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=y
 CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT=y
 CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD=y
 CONFIG_USB_XHCI_MVEBU=y
diff --git a/target/linux/mvebu/image/cortexa9.mk b/target/linux/mvebu/image/cortexa9.mk
index ea20a25a29..3bf53c29a9 100644
--- a/target/linux/mvebu/image/cortexa9.mk
+++ b/target/linux/mvebu/image/cortexa9.mk
@@ -156,7 +156,7 @@ define Device/linksys_wrt32x
   DEVICE_ALT0_VENDOR := Linksys
   DEVICE_ALT0_MODEL := Venom
   DEVICE_DTS := armada-385-linksys-venom
-  DEVICE_PACKAGES += kmod-btmrvl kmod-mwifiex-sdio mwlwifi-firmware-88w8964
+  DEVICE_PACKAGES += kmod-ata-ahci kmod-ata-core kmod-ata-marvell-sata kmod-scsi-core kmod-scsi-generic kmod-usb2 kmod-btmrvl kmod-mwifiex-sdio mwlwifi-firmware-88w8964
   KERNEL_SIZE := 3072k
   KERNEL := kernel-bin | append-dtb
   SUPPORTED_DEVICES += armada-385-linksys-venom linksys,venom
(END)
Image Name:   ARM OpenWrt Linux-5.10-rc7
Created:      Tue Dec  8 23:03:06 2020
Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
Data Size:    2965821 Bytes = 2896.31 KiB = 2.83 MiB
Load Address: 00008000
Entry Point:  00008000
1 Like

Sorry, this is a very basic question, but, to get clarification, if you're installing one of the recent factory images of OpenWRT (not a sysupgrade bin, and not a build by davidc502), this DSA soft bricking problem is not an issue, correct? Besides that, if you were doing a sysupgrade, but didn't "Keep Settings", would this DSA soft bricking problem be an issue?

Rule of thumb: If you upgrade to a SNAPSHOT build after 5/24/20, you will be in DSA land.

hi,
I run the 3200acm with the last build from david, running ok since 6 months, but I changed the router last week and I reconnected my linksys 3200 today and I dont know why, everything works but my vpn PBR setup is gone, the page is blank, same thing with wireguard setup, even my static ip are gone...
idea?
thanks

it could have had an error and rebooted to the alt partition, did you try rebooting it again?

yes but it was the same, what I did, I upload my last back up.. it is ok but I wonder why?

Thanks, I made that modification to all wrtpac targets. Runnng fine for me on the two targets I have (mamba, rango). I put up 5.10rc7 images for those that don't DIY and want to play, will try to get around to a new thread real soon now. This new kernel is ~176K larger (mamba), PR3205 needs a push (as in helping hand).

I downloaded your build and tested it on my WRT32X.
It works, more or less. However some sources where missing from opkg, and when i added them manually i couldn't install most of the packets i used to have on David's latest build.

Also, i noticed that the configuration for VLANs is changed and there is no "Switch" option under the "Network" menu.

In any case, thanks for sharing it! :slight_smile:

Say hello to DSA.

Can you explain what this DSA thing/limitation is?
I read about it in this thread, but i am not sure i understand.

Trying to install bot generated packages will be problematic as I build to a different architecture, see thread for rational.

Google should tell you everything you need to know about DSA, iirc I put some links in this thread. You could try VLAN configuration by way of the netifd method, it is a WIP making its way into master, see PR4307 for some config file syntax examples, or try as per PR2942.

2 Likes

Does anyone here use Geforce now? I get not get a successful speed test for streaming games over 5ghz AC. I can only get it to work using the official linksys firmware on my 1900acs v2. I have tried David's newest build, vanilla Openwrt and DdWrt. I get speeds of around 5mbps and horrible pings when using the 3rd party firmware. When I go back to stock, Everything passes with flying colors and I achieve over 50mbps on the test with great ping times. Ive tried different channels and made sure there was no other interference. Thanks!

Hello I stopped using David's firmware apparently support is finished for it???

I've gone back to the Openwrt stock latest firmware 19.07.5 for my WRT1900acs V2

5Ghz wifi seems decent from 2 plaster walls ping is 10ms.

On ethernet ping is 9 ms

With the latest stock firmware I had to do a full reset, and start a new configuration settings. It wouldn't accept my config back up for some reason???

I done the firmware upgrade with the Openwrt 19.07.5 bin firmware, untick keep settings, then reboot. Then I flashed the firmware sys upgrade 19.07.5 then reboot. Then manually reconfigure the wrt1900acs router settings.

My connection is HFC 100/40

hi,

I have the 3200 acm with last david's build, I would like to know how to upgrade the dnscrypt-proxy version 2.0.42 to 2.0.44?

thanks

also, from the last davids build, is it possible to keep my setting and upgrade the firmware to an up to date one? Cause I think some have a new kernel with the last wireguard and open vpn updates?

thanks