Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

This is what I did:
Go to Network → Interfaces and select the Lan interface.Click edit.
Type in new IP in IPv4 address.
Go to save & apply
it came up with a prompt after waiting : " Configuration has been rolled back!

The device could not be reached within 30 seconds after applying the pending changes, which caused the configuration to be rolled back for safety reasons. If you believe that the configuration changes are correct nonetheless, perform an unchecked configuration apply. Alternatively, you can dismiss this warning and edit changes before attempting to apply again, or revert all pending changes to keep the currently working configuration state."
options were to "dismiss, revert changes,or apply unchecked"
I hit apply unchecked and waited.
the screen did not come back so I simply turned off the router and back on , entered the new IP and it worked. this may not be the exact proper way but I tried other ways with no results.
Hope this helps!!

I kinda gave up on the usb0 issue and have cable internet again,This is great firmware for the router and many thanks to David and everyone else who help in for creating this build!

This may be helpful for people, I run Bitvise in Windows 10, I have ssh and sftp access with it, I had to install opkg install openssh-sftp-server
to make sftp work but it is a great tool , just wanted to pass that along!

I have uploaded build r7938 to the server.
The latest wifi commit to the latest version has been included - 10.3.8.0-20180810
There was a kernel bump from 4.14.62 to 4.14.66

I tried switching out Samba36 to Samba4, but samba4-server continued to fail to build due to a dependency, so I had to switch back to Samba36. I'll try again in the next build to get it switched out. For those who want to use Samba4-server, please download the package from the daily snapshots ASAP.

2 Likes

Just FYI

Latest build seems to be missing some packages. On the previous release, I was able to install stubby via opkg and I was using that for DNS-over-TLS support:
https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r7829/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages/

Now it looks like stubby is gone:
https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r7938/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages/

@davidc502
Please provide a log of the failure.

Sorry for the formatting.

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/feeds/packages/net/samba4'
mkdir -p /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/root-mvebu/stamp
SHELL= flock /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/tmp/.root-copy.flock -c 'cp -fpR /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/samba-4.8.4/.pkgdir/samba4-libs/. /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/root-mvebu/'
touch /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/root-mvebu/stamp/.samba4-libs_installed
mkdir -p /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/bin/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/samba-4.8.4/ipkg-arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/samba4-libs/CONTROL /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/pkginfo
install -d -m0755 /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/samba-4.8.4/ipkg-arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/samba4-libs/usr/lib
cp -fpR /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/samba-4.8.4/ipkg-install/usr/lib/*.so* /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/samba-4.8.4/ipkg-arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/samba4-libs/usr/lib/
cp -fpR /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/samba-4.8.4/ipkg-install/usr/lib/samba/*.so* /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/samba-4.8.4/ipkg-arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/samba4-libs/usr/lib/
find /home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/samba-4.8.4/ipkg-arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/samba4-libs -name 'CVS' -o -name '.svn' -o -name '.#*' -o -name '*~'| xargs -r rm -rf
Package samba4-libs is missing dependencies for the following libraries:
libbsd.so.0
Makefile:390: recipe for target '/home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/bin/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages/samba4-libs_4.8.4-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk' failed
make[3]: *** [/home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/bin/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages/samba4-libs_4.8.4-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/feeds/packages/net/samba4'
time: package/feeds/packages/samba4/compile#0.51#0.29#0.67
package/Makefile:107: recipe for target 'package/feeds/packages/samba4/compile' failed
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/samba4/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede'
package/Makefile:103: recipe for target '/home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/stamp/.package_compile' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede'
/home/davidc502/Desktop/lede-build/lede/include/toplevel.mk:216: recipe for target 'world' failed

Don't wait too long, but you can grab the package off of the daily snapshots.
https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages/

1 Like

Hi,

I've moved over to a new router after running merlin on an asus for a long time and have been playing with your build for a week or so, and it looks very good.

My WAN connection keeps dropping down to 100mbps instead of 1000Mbps though (unplugging the cable from the wan port and plugging it back in again puts it back to 1000Mbps though), I don't see an option to set the port speed in the network port settings, how can I force the WAN nic to 1000mbps instead of uplugging/plugging in again?

I think you need to clarify what actually happens, does link speed (ifconfig) go down or are you asking about throughput?

If you have link speed issues I'd say dodgy cable and/or hardware on one side.

link speed is ok at 1Gbps, I get full gigabit throughput but then from time to time my throughput speed drops significantly and if I check, the link says it has dropped down to 100Mbps.

the cable is the same as I was using on my last router and it worked fine then.

Installed the latest version last night on a WRT1900 v1 which went ok when setting up but after i did a reboot i couldn't access the gui or access via ssh but wifi was showing plus working ok so turned off for 5 mins and then everything came up working ok

Try another cable, if you're still seeing an issue I'd say dodgy hw on at least one side.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give that a try.

Thank you so much. Love your builds.

I've also noticed that in the previous version I could reserve an IPv4 address and the last digits of the IPv6 address would use the same number as the final digits in the IPv4 address (for example, if the IPv4 address was 192.168.1.4 then the IPv6 address would end with ::4). This also appears to be broken in the latest David build.

I have to correct myself because I realised that it doesn't work for me either...
For example my IPv4 address is 192.168.1.230 and the IPv6 address ends with /128.
To be honest dont know much about IPv6 but my ISP is using IPv6 via Dualstack (ipv4+ipv6) and it seems to be working fine (even with the default setup@pppoe). I have no problem to reach IPv6-only websites and IPv6 tests are showing that everything is working as it should.

So I have to read a bit more about IPv6 in general as i also use it with my AP's and i'm not sure if my setup is correct at the moment.

David - Just really want to say "thank you." I have been using your builds on my wrt3200acm for about a year. I am not a lurker, it's just fair to say issues are very rare, and when I have had a question, I was able to find an answer in this forum or last before the old one went down. You are a great example of one who lives the open source ethos. Thanks again. -- BigRon

7 Likes

Thanks! and appreciate the kudo's.

Hi, I’m a bit of a newb when it comes to installing router firmware but managed to install yours no problem on my wrt32x

One problem I had though was that my 2.4g WiFi was incredibly unstable sometime going down to 0.5mb when in the Sme room as the router. The 5ghz also was a bit slower but not has unusable as the 2.4ghz.

Well, I decided to put the Oem firmware back on but get the same issue with that too. To be honest I bought this router second hand and decided to put your firmware on before trying it out on the oem firmware, does this pound more like a hardware issue with the router or could it be a software issue that affects both the oem and David’s build?

It has caused me a bit of pain over the past few days and have reverted back to my tplink router which this was going to replace.

If the issue can’t be solved in firmware then I may use the wrt32x as a non WiFi router so I can use open wrt and use my old t-link as an access point only?

Has nooner else experienced similar issues?