Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

In my case it's :ce4/128 and my local IPv4 address is 192.168.1.230. So it doesn't work.

With version 18 LuCI does not show any "Active DHCPv6 Leases" yet in the system log I can see IPv6 leases being handed out just fine.

I'm still using build r7829 and for me Luci does show all the "Active DHCPv6 Leases". I don't know why it doesn't show up for you guys but i'm quite sure it's related to your config.
Btw, i'm always booting to the Linksys partition and use the factory.img when upgrading to newer builds. I haven't even used a backup last time and configured everything from the scratch, but i always save my old /etc/config folder in case i need to look something up.

I've elected to upgrade as it's not causing my any real harm but I would still love to figure out how to assign a specific ip / hostname to an IPv6 client. My internet connection is full dual stack so I've been playing with this for some time.

I would also like to know this and myy Internet connection is full Dual-Stack as well.

Hi!
I am using build r7938. I disabled the ddns service, and now I am seeing this:
Capture
I believe this is not correct.

The image is so small I can make out the line below configuration. You might try disabling and then rebooting the router.

Hello! Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

With Mozilla Firefox, I can right click above the image and select "View image". Then a big image can be viewed on the browser! I can also save the image to my local computer, and view it with any image application. With an app, I can zoom it as many times as I wish. I am sure anyone can do the same with the browser of their preference.

I have rebooted the router many times. And this bug is still there. I have been observing this issue with some of the builds available in the last couple of months.This is probably an OpenWrt bug.

I'll second that. Been using OpenWRT/LEDE off and on for years and David continues to do good work here with the new builds and troubleshooting expertise. Thanks, mate. I appreciate your efforts.

2 Likes

dirty connection...problem has gone away after cleaning.

David, i have this LUCI issue too, it's minor, in fact.
Then you disable DDNS in startup (not in DDNS page) you will see this HTML string at overview page.
Like this:
ddns

2 Likes

so my next question:

I've upgraded to david's latest build, and now I keep seeing the following IGMP request in the
status/ connections page

IPV4 IGMP 169.254.58.244:undefined 239.255.255.250:undefined (which seems to be Upnp)

I've checked my network and I don't have any DHCP unallocated devices, so I'm at a loss as to where the 169.254 address is.

@gu3d3s

I use sync | echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches in a Scheduled Tasks script via:
1 */12 * * * /root/clear_cache.sh
This free's the cache memory, which in my case is eaten up by filesystem access over samba mostly, usually you can trust the kernel to free this up automatically, if memory is needed. So you can also just ignore the memory status page. I still use it, just in case something goes wrong, which is kinda unnecessary actually.

1 Like

This is the IPTV package that is included with the build. You can remove the igmp packages if you don't have IPTV.

is there a list of the included packages with descriptions?..you have a barebones list but no package descriptions.

The descriptions for each package can be found under the latest package repository. https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r7938/

Just open the file "Packages" under each heading. Example: Luci packages - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r7938/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/luci/Packages

1 Like

Is anyone else getting this error from the dynamic DNS client?

131927 WARN : Get local IP via 'network' failed - retry 4217/0 in 60 seconds

I haven't changed anything since upgrading to r7938 earlier this week. Everything was working before that.

EDIT Again -- I am wrong -- Last update was 08/25/2018 3:06:24 , so I do care :slight_smile: I can't do it today, but will check to see if anyone else has picked up on this problem, and if the fix is on the way..

Thanks for letting me know.

155655  WARN : Get local IP via 'network' failed - retry 2613/0 in 60 seconds
 155755       : Data detected:
 155756       : Server:		127.0.0.1
Address:	127.0.0.1#53

EDIT

Are you saying that ddns isn't working anymore for you?

Are you using dnscrypt-proxy Version 2??

Okay, I have ddns working again. In the advanced settings tab > IP address source select "Interface" and for Interface, select your outside interface. For me that is eth0, but could be different for you, so be sure to check.

So far the logging has stopped, but it is soon yet.

after rebooting sometimes the password refuses to let me in, however I had set up a noip account which can still access and the only way to fix this is to restore from my backup. I know this is vague but not sure what is causing it.

folllowup: for some reason when entering the numbers from the number pad instead of the keyboard numbers it won't take, not the number lock because I can type numbers ok in the url but when in the password box it fails but only from the browser when entering the 192.168.1.1 , it works fine over my noip ddns account.
Any thoughts?

Hi,
I resolved the problem with the following options:

# vi /etc/config/ddns
config service 'ddns1'
    option ip_source 'web'
    option ip_url 'https://ipv4.wtfismyip.com/text'
    option use_https '1'

Hi,

I've got myself a WRT1900ACS v2 router and wanted to flash LEDE from the start.
After flashing a had a continuous problem of reboots on any firmware - stock, DD-WRT, LEDE (community and davids builds).
At the moment I use the latest david's firmware r7938 on both partitions with identical settings.
I use the same SSID on both WiFi bands, force AES, manual selected channel for bands(11 and 36), manually selected power (5ghz - tx 10, 2.4 ghz - tx 9) and selected the correct country code ("RU").
I changes the MAC-address for WANs (for correct use with my provider) and enabled WAN6.
Additionally, I monitor the temperature of sensors - CPU can go as high as 81-81 celsius, wlan chip up to 50-51 celsius. As far as I understand these are acceptable temperatures.

I tried to monitor logs with USB-TTY cable and have caught some kernel panics.
On first try I received the following logs - https://pastebin.com/VG2wx3VG
After this error router keeps rebooting with the following errors - https://pastebin.com/RSrHQnqL
And eventually stops booting - (link in next post)

On second try I wanted a more detailed log (pressed 4 when booting LEDE).
I received following logs - (link in next post)
On reboot - (link in next post)

On every boot after some time I see the following message (if it means something in this situation):

nf_conntrack: default automatic helper assignment has been turned off for security reasons and CT-based  firewall rule not found. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.

WiFi around is clogged - to many APs. Mostly on 2.4 ghz, some more advanced users have 5 ghz.
I have 5-10 devices on wireless and 1 ether.

Can someone help me with this situation? How can I fix it?
Can I assume the problem is in mwlwifi drivers?

If you need any more data, test, etc. - tell me, I'll try to do what I can.

And eventually stops booting - https://pastebin.com/VnMNwUU9